No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a yearly event? Never heard of it before.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      Is this a yearly event? Never heard of it before.
      This is the first go at this. It is an idea that has been tossed around the group for a few years now. With the influx of new public land hunters it should be great to help them learn public land etiquette and strategy. Hopefully it goes well and we can do it again in the future. Love that it will be on the Black Creek Lake unit. That way nobody has to worry about their spots being overrun by the group or deer being pushed out of a huntable unit the week before season.

Comment

How long do we expect it to last? Lunchtime?

Comment

I plan on going if I am well enough by then. Mostly to meet other hunters so when we yell at each other for ruining our setup we at least know who it is (jk). Really, though, it would be good to meet other hunters on the unit. Whitney has a get together each year and LBJ has kind of been a to each his/her own area.

Also, since I seem to fail at most other etiquette test, it would be good to know just how bad I am at the public hunting etiquette. Honestly, I'm surprised I could even spell the word the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
            How long do we expect it to last? Lunchtime?
            I don't remember a length of time but I would suspect lunch would be about all I could stay until anyway.

Comment

where in the heck can you find a map of this place? I can't seem to find it on tpwd.com and anywhere on the internets, I was planning to scout this weekend and next week

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                where in the heck can you find a map of this place? I can't seem to find it on tpwd.com and anywhere on the internets, I was planning to scout this weekend and next week
                Download on x hunt. 7 day free trial, 30 bucks for the year. I used it last weekend and I will buying it forsure

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                  You can get one form the office. Its good and pretty cheap.

Comment

K thanks [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...slands_Map.gif. Here's another option if you want a smaller one to print out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

cant wait

Comment

What shop do you guys use? I just bought my Mathews Traverse last Thursday and while shooting on Sunday, the eyelet on the cam snapped. I took it back to the place of purchase and they are getting the cams replaced under warranty but refuse to replace the string unless I pay 180 bucks. I told them I wont pay that and to just replace the cams and I'll pick it up and take it to another shop. The other shop is going to charged me 45 to make a string and then he is going to work with me on tuning and make it all good since it broke while I was at his shop. I am real irritated that all this is happening right before season, but what can you do!

Comment

If you live near Denton/Decatur area, cinnamon creek ranch...hands down, unbelievable range, unbelievable staff, best archery shop in North Texas 100%

Comment

Cinnamon Creek here as well, great place and customer service

Comment

Me as well. I do use the range at Quail Creek off of 35W too. They've got a decent archery range and allow shotgun slugs on the 30yd for those who participate in the general season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X