No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Till I can hold my own with a bow I'm gonna hang out in this thread and talk about the my second favorite activity...
    Last edited by BigPun; 01-09-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

mmmmm, bourbon.
      I'm late joining the discussion but never miss a good bottle.
      Lately I've been digging Bombergers bourbon out of the Michter's distillery. I'm a big fan of Michter's (esp the toasted barrel stuff) and this is a step over their standard shelf bourbon, slightly sweeter but balanced by the proof.

If you see it, grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
        mmmmm, bourbon.
        I'm late joining the discussion but never miss a good bottle.
        Lately I've been digging Bombergers bourbon out of the Michter's distillery. I'm a big fan of Michter's (esp the toasted barrel stuff) and this is a step over their standard shelf bourbon, slightly sweeter but balanced by the proof.

If you see it, grab it.
        Can’t for the life of me score a toasted bourbon

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Can’t for the life of me score a toasted bourbon
          Right place, right time. I'll never pay secondary market prices. Toasted barrel is my favorite- still waiting on a bottle of TB Sour Mash...

Y'all want some advice on how to increase your odds of getting that bottle you have your eye on? Pick a store, preferably one that does a pretty decent volume. Get to know the employees. Buy EVERYTHING from them. Not just a bottle of booze here and there. Go there for every 6-pack, every bag of ice, 2-liters, gift sets, anything they sell- buy it from them. Support the mom and pop shops and they will remember you. I'm in my local shop 3-4 times a week. Everyone knows me by name. Whether it's a bottle of Evan Williams BiB (an awesome and overlooked bourbon for ~12.99) or a bag of chips and a coke, I get it from them. They know what I like and they text me the day it comes in.

Comment

Right place, right time. I'll never pay secondary market prices. Toasted barrel is my favorite- still waiting on a bottle of TB Sour Mash...

Y'all want some advice on how to increase your odds of getting that bottle you have your eye on? Pick a store, preferably one that does a pretty decent volume. Get to know the employees. Buy EVERYTHING from them. Not just a bottle of booze here and there. Go there for every 6-pack, every bag of ice, 2-liters, gift sets, anything they sell- buy it from them. Support the mom and pop shops and they will remember you. I'm in my local shop 3-4 times a week. Everyone knows me by name. Whether it's a bottle of Evan Williams BiB (an awesome and overlooked bourbon for ~12.99) or a bag of chips and a coke, I get it from them. They know what I like and they text me the day it comes in.
            Yea that’s what I do. Some places just don’t get some of that though. I can’t complain I get good stuff I just haven’t got that or EH Taylor BP

I also hate the waiting list crap. I miss the times of actually hunting it without everything being held out of sight
            Last edited by bphillips; 01-09-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Yea that’s what I do. Some places just don’t get some of that though. I can’t complain I get good stuff I just haven’t got that or EH Taylor BP

I also hate the waiting list crap. I miss the times of actually hunting it without everything being held out of sight
              The BP is pretty delicious. I have a couple of BiB but haven't gotten over to them yet. I made a hard detour over to Islay Scotches during the holidays and am just now righting myself again.

Comment

The BP is pretty delicious. I have a couple of BiB but haven't gotten over to them yet. I made a hard detour over to Islay Scotches during the holidays and am just now righting myself again.
                Had a Taylor BP tonight from a sample trade a while back. Good stuff

Comment

Not a bad score today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to start collecting whiskey while I’m not drinking this month lol. That way I will have it next month.

Comment

Pretty good stuff. Goes great in coffee. Wife loves it. It’s not overly sweet but has great flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                        Not a bad score today.

very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                          Found a bottle of EH Taylor Small Batch and am gonna to give it a go tonight. Also, saw this Barrel Stout Coffee beer that piqued my interest.

A good friend gave me the Eagle Rare for Christmas.

I am pretty excited about sampling these over the weekend.

EH Taylor is my absolute favorite. Followed up closely by Eagle Rare. Nice finds!

Comment

Thanks to bphillips and hunter_man got a bottle of eagle rare and wellers special reserve, which I hadn’t had in a while and forgot how much I liked. May have to grab another in a couple days.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big C View Post
                              [ATTACH]987523[/ATTACH]Thanks to bphillips and hunter_man got a bottle of eagle rare and wellers special reserve, which I hadn’t had in a while and forgot how much I liked. May have to grab another in a couple days.
                              Don’t know why I can’t get it rotated right. May be the whiskey. But oh well.

Comment

Most Enjoyable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X