No announcement yet.

Who has been on TBH for 10 years and never attended Bownanza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring T/A's, too far....tried in the past but life got in the way.

Comment

I’ve been twice in 10 years. Usually I am working or breeding cattle in March.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
        Here...I am heavily involved in Houston rodeo and haven’t been able to take the time away. That is changing though!
        This is me. I could not work HLSR but then I couldn't afford to blow money on hunting and fishin

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        Me.. Because all the guys who dont bowhunt want to box me lol
        HAHAHAAA

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        You guys should really try to make it to get the full appreciation for TBH and the members who make it great!

and who are those members?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Me. I've been here since the late 90's, since the early days, before the crash, and I've never been.. Just never have made one for various reasons!!
          Same

Comment

Me

Comment

Everyone who’s scared of big crowds will be happy to know it’s less populated every year

One thing Bownanza isn’t is crowded. Y’all have lots of preconceived notions for a place you’ve never been to.

Saturday is a fun family event. It’s not a drunk fest, and it’s not crowded at all.

Don’t be scared to meet new people. You already know you at least have hunting, and a love of the outdoors with these folks.

Last year was the first one I missed, and I hated missing it. Look forward to meeting new friends again this year.

Comment

I thought about going after I joined in 06. Then I thought about all the people I don’t want to talk to.

Comment

Yup....

Comment

I’ve never been. Been a member since June 2008.

Comment

I went to the first two I believe and have not been back. Always working that weekend. Thinking about burning a bank day and taking my boy.

Comment

#1 - There are several of us that don't drink alcohol that attend.

#2 - It is actually several small groups that make up the whole group. (Teams)

#3 - Very family and kid oriented.

Consider this your official invite!

Comment

ME. Joined in 06, but being up here in the South Plains, it was a little too far for just a weekend deal, BUT I am retiring on May 22 and the wife and I are moving to Rogers and will be WAY closer so I may have to make one now!

Comment

I have been a member since 2009 and never been. It always seems to be about the same time as the Granger Extreme hunt and I would rather hunt than talk about it.

I haven't missed a GRXH since I found out about it about 9 years ago.

Comment

I first joined back in 2004 or 2005 right after I got into bowhunting. I mainly lurked and did lots of reading to gain knowledge about my new hobby. I wasn't on the internet much back then. I finally created a new account in Jan of '14 when I couldn't figure out how to login to my original account. I still haven't been to a Bownanza. Mainly because it never fails to fall on a day that we have something planned. Another reason, that has been addressed, was that I had a preconceived notion that it was just a big drinking party and I'm not into that anymore. I would definitely like to meet some of the folks on here that I haven't had the chance to meet yet.

Comment

It has been 12 years since I have been to Bownanza. Our little girl was just a baby and she will be 13 years old this year. Steve took a picture of me and I was feeding my daughter a bottle. Bownanza is a good time for sure. Kid activities just always have seemed to get in the way since then. My son has played select baseball for the majority of those years since so that had taken over slot of weekends.

Hope to go back one day

Comment

Working...
                                X