X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could lose some weight buddy ��.

You can text me your smartA reply lol

Comment

Gametamer if you can find them. Woodsey too uses the same design.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        You could lose some weight buddy ��.

You can text me your smartA reply lol

Lol this too is a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          I just ordered a saddle to hunt out of for this season. If you're looking at saddles, take a look at the Cruzr XC, tethrd phantom, and the aerohunter kestrel flex. I ordered the Cruzr XC and it looks like it will be a hammock up in the tree. Can't wait to get it!
          I will be hunting out of the Tethrd Phantom and Predator platform with Shikar climbing sticks here in Iowa this season on some sits where I don't have preset stands in place. I have a big public ground WMA (6700 acres) about 10 miles from my house that I will be hunting during the week some. My saddle rig will be perfect for that area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fat guy formerly fatter guy reporting

I've been in a XOP maximus, xop air raid, millenium m50 and game tamer stands. All of them are fine, I don't like the game tamer because I prefer to stand and just can't get comfortable in the game tamer.

My mobile setup is an XOP air raid with hawk helium sticks and if I were buying more hang ons to leave in place it would be the millenium M50. I put a second ratchet strap on the bottom of the millenium so it can't kick out. It isn't necessary but I like it for piece of mind.

Another to think about is family tradition. Looks like a super sturdy stand with chains connecting the platform instead of cables but they are pricey. EDIT- Guess I should have read your entire post. I thought hard about them for the same reason. After being in stands with cables a bunch now I don't even think about them anymore. I connect to the tree before I climb in though.

Lone wolf alpha would be fine too.
            Last edited by adam_p; 07-03-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Im 5' 9.5", weight 240 most days. I personally like Ol Man climbers. The newer manufactured one's are overly engineered, it weighs considerable more than the older models. They are built like a tank.

Comment

I'm right there with you. A good scissor lift for us fat guys. Just hot it with all terrain tires. Can pack in more snacks. And the electric motors are relatively quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                  I just ordered a saddle to hunt out of for this season. If you're looking at saddles, take a look at the Cruzr XC, tethrd phantom, and the aerohunter kestrel flex. I ordered the Cruzr XC and it looks like it will be a hammock up in the tree. Can't wait to get it!
                  Man after watching a bunch of videos on the Cruzr XC, I think that's the route I'm wanting to go too. Lemme know how well you like yours after you try it out.
                  BTW, what sticks/ladder/climbing steps were you planning on using with yours?And are you gonna run a platform as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    I will be hunting out of the Tethrd Phantom and Predator platform with Shikar climbing sticks here in Iowa this season on some sits where I don't have preset stands in place. I have a big public ground WMA (6700 acres) about 10 miles from my house that I will be hunting during the week some. My saddle rig will be perfect for that area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    You've got it going on! How do you like the Shikar climbing sticks so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      Ground blind
                      I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        I'm right there with you. A good scissor lift for us fat guys. Just hot it with all terrain tires. Can pack in more snacks. And the electric motors are relatively quiet.
                        For sure. Those motors are only slightly loud when they lifting you (safely I might add) and lowering you (safely as well)!

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                          Man after watching a bunch of videos on the Cruzr XC, I think that's the route I'm wanting to go too. Lemme know how well you like yours after you try it out.
                          BTW, what sticks/ladder/climbing steps were you planning on using with yours?And are you gonna run a platform as well?
                          Will do!

I will be running the 20" hawk heliums with an aider of some sort and the OOAL ridge runner platform.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                            You've got it going on! How do you like the Shikar climbing sticks so far?
                            I dont have the Shikars yet. Still waiting on them. In the pictures above I had climbed with a set of aluminum Rapid Rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              I dont have the Shikars yet. Still waiting on them. In the pictures above I had climbed with a set of aluminum Rapid Rails.
                              Ha!

I just ordered a phantom with a ropeman and platform... looks like your exact set up. I just came in looking to see if anyone else was trying this. I have also been considering shikars but still have my old rapid rails! Let me know how you like them once they arrive!

Comment

I've got a super safe Ladder stand (NIB) for sale if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X