No announcement yet.

Granger Ranger 2011 Extreme Hunt - "We Don't Rent Pigs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without Dahmer there, it is like having a clown birthday party without the clown. LOL

Oleman - I got a new "paddle". It has a rubber handle and a new and improved scoop.

Comment

Is it February yet? I have been working on my boat and making a few small changes. I am all fired up about this hunt. Should be a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        With paintman and grinder there, he can't be too picky.;-)
        Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
          Without Dahmer there, it is like having a clown birthday party without the clown.
          I miss my friend,I haven't talked to him in 2 yrs.Tell him I want to talk him,if anyone sees Dahmer.I'm still very ez to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowwiz View Post
            I miss my friend,I haven't talked to him in 2 yrs.Tell him I want to talk him,if anyone sees Dahmer.I'm still very ez to find.
            Hey bowwiz there's a smashed up canoe out here at granger that looks just like yours

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
              Hey bowwiz there's a smashed up canoe out here at granger that looks just like yours
              Not mine- don't have a canoe anymore..

Comment

Bowwiz; I'll try to get in touch with Dahmer.

Comment

Alright. Need opinions. I don't have a whole bunch of camping gear. Would I be better off getting a tent and a cot, or one of those tent-cots? Anyone have any experience with those? Total price would be about the same either way...

Comment

GRXH 2011 official Roll Call:
                    Boat:
                    Wildman
                    Rat +2
                    Huntinfool
                    Snipehunter
                    txfirefighter_04(as long as my brother "sackett" will give me a ride lol)
                    DJM+2
                    Dirtymike + 2
                    bowfishin fool
                    txbowhunter31+2
                    sackett +2-4
                    paintman and gg..gg..gg. grinder boy plus 3 maybe
                    Possum
                    Nonesuch +1 (maybe 2 more)
                    bowhntrmatt
                    TxFireFighter
                    Wudstix, float or hike in.

Need Ride:
                    Genevieve
                    Birddog (Friday midday)
                    crodd88 +1
                    G Posik (Friday midday)

Checked my schedule I am good to go. I have a bunch of camping gear just have a couple of questions on what I can should bring. I know we can not bring food, but what about coffee, coffee pot, skillet, pocket rocket and things like that?

Comment

here's a bump still trying to work it out

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        Alright. Need opinions. I don't have a whole bunch of camping gear. Would I be better off getting a tent and a cot, or one of those tent-cots? Anyone have any experience with those? Total price would be about the same either way...
                        If it were just me, I'd go the tent cot route. I'm trying to minimize my gear this year even though ill have a bigger boat this year.

Comment

I'll be bringing the burner, pot, oil, buttermilk, fish fry again. Someone may want to bring some more cornmeal/flour in case we run out like last year.

Also, does anyone have a link to the San Gabriel river stage near Granger?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                            Tent-cot is fine unless it rains all weekend, then you are stuck in a coffin all day long. Only real space for gear is underneath, unless you bring an extra tarp; if yer gonna bring a tarp you might as well sleep under it as well and leave the tent cot at home. A tent has room for all yer gear to stay dry (if you buy a tent that will stay dry, or seam seal the one you do buy); but it's more gear to carry. I have used a hammock and tarp exclusively since 2002; the hammock is waaaaaay better than a cot, ground or a sleeping mat for comfort and my 10 x 11 tarp gives me about 90 square feet of living space. Kreuger just sleeps on the ground in a sleeping bag...

REI will rent gear for use for a weekend; they have good gear to, not department store rejects. This is the best way to find out how you will like a particular style of shelter/sleeping combo (I don't think they have tent-cots tho, but Possum does maybe you can talk him into loaning his to try).

As an aside, generally speaking, the GRXH isn't the place for untested gear. If something is going to go wrong, it is going to go wrong on this hunt; just sayin'...

Originally posted by G Posik
                            Checked my schedule I am good to go. I have a bunch of camping gear just have a couple of questions on what I can should bring. I know we can not bring food, but what about coffee, coffee pot, skillet, pocket rocket and things like that?
                            Sure, coffee, hot cocoa all that stuff is okay to bring as well as the gear; just don't let any one catch you eating it (the gear that is). You can also bring all the spices you need to cook the pig you slay or fish you catch.

Comment

Ok. I'm thinkin tent cot, and I also have a 10x10 popup canopy. How far do ya have to pack stuff to camp from where you park the boat?

I figure this way if I put the tent cot under the canopy it gives me more dry area to store my junk and dead pig meat

Comment

For you trotline-setters, what do you normally use for bait?

I got a lot to learn before this thing starts...

Comment

Working...
                                X