New Mathews Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    There’s a reason for the lack of solocam bows. The Binary cam system is far superior, whether it’s Bowtech/Darton’s version, or the Mathews versions. Mathews had painted themselves into a corner trying to stay with the solocam, and eventually had to accept the fact that trying to stay up with the performance of the Binary cam bows with more aggressive single cam bows simply wasn’t happening. I, like most here that had a Switchback, still believe it was their last really good single cam. Their new cam system is great, but the top hats are an issue, just as the overdrive system has the issue of harness tuning. I prefer the basic Binary cam system due to simplicity and ease of tuning.

You make good points. The cross centric cam system looks like a pain to work on as well. I have stayed away from binaries because of hearing stories of shimming to correct cam lean. I do however like a a hybrid cam system

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      You boys who can’t carry a 4.5 lb. bow 200 yards from your truck to your stand, need to take up knitting. Maybe get your mommy to come help you.
      With 4 shoulder surgeries and both collar bones still dislocated I like to try and keep them as close to 4 lbs as possible. But sometimes I do let my girlfriend help me.

Comment

I always find it interesting that a lot of folks go out of their way to blow up about the new bow releases every year. They aren't unique in this whatsoever. New model year trucks don't vastly change every year, new model phones, new model TVs, new model computers, new appliances etc. Some people want the latest and greatest every year, some people wait 3-5, and some go 10+. Makes no difference.

Comment

This post got me thinking, with the price of these new bows exceeding nice rifle costs. How is the used market ( mathews, I have several) are they selling “ high”. Not sure what to ask for the ones I have.
          Instead of the switch weight system, I think an adjustable draw length module would be a far better idea. I know that would probably help me move these used ones quicker, and would be far easier for dealers, I would think also.
          Last edited by critter69; 11-11-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            This post got me thinking, with the price of these new bows exceeding nice rifle costs. How is the used market ( mathews, I have several) are they selling “ high”. Not sure what to ask for the ones I have.
            I see them drop 30%-40% after first year on archerytalk all day. They are like a new truck. That new firearm will hold its value if not increase, a new bow, not so much.

Comment

Yea, I know they are a lot like bikes, not worth a **** once the money goes from your hand to the dealer, instant 50% less. With these things costing as much as rifles, ( and yes rifles are much much better “ investment”) and not something you can really pass down from generation to generation either. I have some of my sons buddy’s that have been interested in shooting bows, I may just give the bows, skb cases, arrows for each one of them to those guys and they should be pretty much set. It’s a shame they lose so much “ value” and aren’t worth a ****.

Comment

Yea, I know they are a lot like bikes, not worth a **** once the money goes from your hand to the dealer, instant 50% less. With these things costing as much as rifles, ( and yes rifles are much much better “ investment”) and not something you can really pass down from generation to generation either. I have some of my sons buddy’s that have been interested in shooting bows, I may just give the bows, skb cases, arrows for each one of them to those guys and they should be pretty much set. It’s a shame they lose so much “ value” and aren’t worth a ****.

That’s what I did with my last bow. I’d just assume give it away than to sell it for what little it would bring. Might even get new people involved in archery[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                  If any of you guys who upgrade every year are upgrading from your VXR, let me know as I'm looking for one.
                  pm sent

Comment

Gotta love the Blowtech and other mfg battered child syndrome fanboys calling other folks fanboys.[emoji23][emoji23]. The irony is large!

Almost 9 years with an Elite Pulse (after shooting a bunch of mfgs to buy that one including Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech and PSE), claiming I wouldn’t buy another bow unless one blew me out of the water... so no fanboy here. The prior 4 years I was shooting a Mathews Drenalin. Same thing with multiple bows tried before. Brother had the regular Switchback and I’ve shot it plenty before I bought the Drenalin. Got a small new bow itch in ‘18 but still wasn’t going to budge off my Elite. After all it “did the job” and I was a hardhead about it.

FND called me and said I found the bow that will get you to make the call. Just for S&Gs, I went and shot it and several others. After a few shots with the Traverse, I was like **** son take my money! This is by far the best bow I have ever shot and the 31.5 VXR is **** near same. The difference in technology is very noticeable compared to 8 then and now almost 10 years ago. No way in hell is the switchback a better shooting bow than the Traverse or the VXR. The technology in fit, feel, sound, and performance is head and shoulders above those bows speaking from experience. I can’t tell you how many folks have watched my videos surprised how quiet my Traverse is and it’s a helluva lot more accurate than I am.[emoji23]Now I won’t be buying another bow for awhile but I’m sure when I do, over the course of several years the technology and performance will be better. I’ll give them all a ride and their feel and performance, I bet, will blow my current bow away. But I dang sure won’t be as hard headed this time around...I think. [emoji56]Bowhunting is what I do except during dove season. I like good equipment in the things I do. I can be cheap elsewhere.[emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Gotta love the Blowtech and other mfg battered child syndrome fanboys calling other folks fanboys.[emoji23][emoji23]. The irony is large!

Almost 9 years with an Elite Pulse (after shooting a bunch of mfgs to buy that one including Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech and PSE), claiming I wouldn’t buy another bow unless one blew me out of the water... so no fanboy here. The prior 4 years I was shooting a Mathews Drenalin. Same thing with multiple bows tried before. Brother had the regular Switchback and I’ve shot it plenty before I bought the Drenalin. Got a small new bow itch in ‘18 but still wasn’t going to budge off my Elite. After all it “did the job” and I was a hardhead about it.

FND called me and said I found the bow that will get you to make the call. Just for S&Gs, I went and shot it and several others. After a few shots with the Traverse, I was like **** son take my money! This is by far the best bow I have ever shot and the 31.5 VXR is **** near same. The difference in technology is very noticeable compared to 8 then and now almost 10 years ago. No way in hell is the switchback a better shooting bow than the Traverse or the VXR. The technology in fit, feel, sound, and performance is head and shoulders above those bows speaking from experience. I can’t tell you how many folks have watched my videos surprised how quiet my Traverse is and it’s a helluva lot more accurate than I am.[emoji23]Now I won’t be buying another bow for awhile but I’m sure when I do, over the course of several years the technology and performance will be better. I’ll give them all a ride and their feel and performance, I bet, will blow my current bow away. But I dang sure won’t be as hard headed this time around...I think. [emoji56]Bowhunting is what I do except during dove season. I like good equipment in the things I do. I can be cheap elsewhere.[emoji1787]
                      Good stuff, Jason.

But...I can make my bow as loud or as quiet as I want to on video, just as you can by turning up or down your speakers! LOL! But, yes, my Traverse is EXTREMELY quiet.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I’m an archery/bow hunting nut. No fan boy here but I see nothing wrong with liking certain stuff. I’ve been shooting Hoyt since like 2006 and went in to buy another Hoyt/bow this past March.
                        I made the mistake of shooting the new Mathews VXR when I was trying out the news bows that had came out. I was extremely impressed to say the least with that VXR...I now own one in that new Green Ambush color.

IMO...These newer Mathews over the last few years are a big hit. Having said that, there’s a lot of good bows and companies out there. You can’t go wrong with any of them.

Comment

The left isn't trying to take our bows away...creating a supply and demand issue will always help retain value.

Me, i'm still shooting a 12 year old bow that i bought used, because it still works. But i am seriously considering picking up a VXR off of a "fanboy" when they decide to buy the latest and greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Good stuff, Jason.

But...I can make my bow as loud or as quiet as I want to on video, just as you can by turning up or down your speakers! LOL! But, yes, my Traverse is EXTREMELY quiet.

Well they dang sure talked a lot about my breathing, the mount squeaking and the banging of my propane tank with my arrow so I did not do anything to decrease my bow sound. My Elite was noticeably louder

Comment

I would agree the traverse should be the flagship ( and it don’t have switch weight, maybe why it’s not the flagship). Don’t believe they offer the traverse any more either. But if you haven’t shot the TXR 36 ( haven’t shot the new ones) it’s even nicer then the traverse, I know it’s a “ target” bow, but I would have no issue hunting with it. Of the newer mathews bows, these two fit, shot great for me. Curious to see what they have on the 17th.
                              Last edited by critter69; 11-13-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

New Mathews bows?

Maybe it’s been posted but looks like they came out with a V3. I’m hearing 343 IBO, 6” BH, with 27” and 31” ata.

Yawn......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X