No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the 9-10points and never been drawn category. Won’t stop me from trying next year though!

Comment

Congrats and Good luck to those who were drawn!

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
        I think your best odds of getting drawn is with the Stand By positions. I live about an hour away from several areas so I am going to take a chance and drive over for a chance to hunt that way.
        Was at a State Park this past weekend that has both an antlerless and a buck hunt. Started talking to them about their hunts and they said they are still "tentative" on whether they will have standby drawings this year at that location because of COVID restrictions. Main office hasn't given any directive, sort of leaving it up to the sites. With that said if you are considering trying standby, better call them prior to make sure they are accepting them.

Comment

I've been told by our local state park they aren't going to do them this year
          They count for very little. They are only extra tickets in the raffle. Even if you’ve got 20 tickets but there’s several thousand and they are only drawing a few they don’t mean much at all...
          Actually with the cubing if you have 20 points or more it does mean a bunch, many finally got drawn and those with 15 or less points got drawn much much less this year

Comment

The no standby thing is stupid.

Comment

I talked with Mark at Mason Mountain this morning, the no standby thing is coming from Austin. They're simply trying to reduce the amount of contact/exposure for their employees. He didn't seem to care for it either, but it is what it is.

Comment

With all the stuff spewed out of Austin be thankful they are even doing the draw hunts this year, that was on the table to call them off but the likely backlash from entry fees already payed prevented that. They would have refunded preference points and hunt fees though.
                Last edited by bossbowman; 10-21-2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  With all the stuff spewed out of Austin be thankful they are even doing the draw hunts this year, that was on the table to call them off but the likely backlash from entry fees already payed prevented that. They would have refunded preference points and hunt fees though.
                  So we should be thankful that we're being allowed to use our public lands that belong to us? I get what you're saying, but just pointing out how this slippery slope thing works.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    So we should be thankful that we're being allowed to use our public lands that belong to us? I get what you're saying, but just pointing out how this slippery slope thing works.
                    Yeah its BS how restrictive state land can be for bowhunting deer, don't get me started on Richland Creek but hey you can go bird watching out there

Comment

when is the second draw for all these I'm showing?

Comment

Originally posted by fakeworest View Post
                        when is the second draw for all these I'm showing?

A couple day after the deadline for winners to pay the permit fee. So I’d say this Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          A couple day after the deadline for winners to pay the permit fee. So I’d say this Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Thanks.

2nd year doing this.

32 Entries
                          6 Not Selected
                          11 Application Received
                          14 Pending Second Draw
                          1 Win - National Refuge General Deer - Balcones Canyonlands

Still have a chance for another!

Comment

The deadline to pay for permits is October 25th, so the second draw should be posted on October 26th.

Comment

I've been to some that do have standby this year. Although the parks may be different.

Comment

I got an email at 5:04 am. Second draw winner for national refuge exotic teniente Jan. 28-31. That makes 3 drawn hunts this year.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X