Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight about Chili..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State dish has NO BEANS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The real question is, if you removed the two beans, would you have chili again? Would you be straight again? I mean, discounting the japs and onions.

Comment

And Texas BBQ used to be heating any meat over a campfire by a guy named Cookie...

Comment

Youse guys worry about a bean (or two?) way too much. A bean has never ruined the taste of anything I can recall. However, I cook mine without.

I do cook a chile stew. It still has no beans. It does have carrots, taters, corn, but it is a STEW.

Comment

You guys are funny. If you make chili, and put beans in it, you have chili with beans.

It doesn't make it bean soup. It doesn't make it some "regional version of". It doesn't make it stew. It makes it chili with beans. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              You guys are funny. If you make chili, and put beans in it, you have chili with beans.

It doesn't make it bean soup. It doesn't make it some "regional version of". It doesn't make it stew. It makes it chili with beans. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Lmao! That about sums it up, not much fun but pretty much sums it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For all those that are TRUE chili afficianodos please PM you recipes if you would. I need to try some.

Comment

The Californication of Texas continues....

And some appear to be doing so willingly....

Comment

Give me a Bowl o' Red. So Ricky Rodeo.

Comment

I always make a pot of chili and a pot of beans. If someone wants to mix them that is their choice but I do not cook beans in my chili.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Can we have a BoB vs Smart thread? Or should it be a Smart vs BoB thread?

Wow.........

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                          I always make a pot of chili and a pot of beans. If someone wants to mix them that is their choice but I do not cook beans in my chili.

Comment

If you put beans in it then it just becomes some sort of soup

Comment

So a ? For the no bean crowd: if we just call it "chili con beans" would it be ok or do we still have to move out of state

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                If you put beans in it then it just becomes some sort of soup
                                Uh, no. It becomes chili with beans. It's pretty simple really.

Comment

Working...
                                X