Any interest to buy or hunt a cow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest to buy or hunt a cow?

The guy that runs cattle on my place said he has 3 "dry" cows and plans to sell them at auction in a month or two. They are +/- 1,100 pounds.

I know very little about cows BTW I think he said they had their first calves last year and this year they didn't take. So I assume they are 3-4 years old?

Standard black cows. The hunting part may sound stupid but someone was making me think LOL Hunters hate cows when they ruin their hunts. So maybe a chance someone is ready to fill a freezer and get revenge.

If someone's willing to hunt one, I'm willing to video this escapade

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Some people pay big money to hunt cows in zeland I believe

Comment

I, for one, think it's a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Some people pay big money to hunt cows in zeland I believe

Hawaii

I have shot a cow, and I have to admit it’s one of the more satisfying things on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great place to kill it & quarter it up

Comment

There was a guy selling Watusi hunts on Facebook, big ones too, and he said they were mean....Would be pretty BA probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Hawaii

I have shot a cow, and I have to admit it’s one of the more satisfying things on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sure they are angus

Comment

People pay big money to shoot high fence deer, so why wouldn't someone want to shoot other livestock like a cow.

Comment

Banteng in Australia also. Talked to my Water Buffalo outfitter about chasing one last week actually.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                        People pay big money to shoot high fence deer, so why wouldn't someone want to shoot other livestock like a cow.
                        Lol. I was waiting for that.

OP, price and location?

Comment

There’s been several I wanted to kill over the years but didn’t think I’d get away with it. I shot one with a 12ga. full of ice cream salt when I was a kid. Daddy wasn’t too proud though..........

Comment

We are between San Saba and Lampasas. No idea on price.. Just seeing if anyone would want to do it. Would have to get at least what the cattle guy would get (or what he thinks he'd get) at auction. My WAG would be $800-1000 ???

They look tasty to me But I'm scared of the work in trying to butcher one myself.

Comment

My deer meat comes out to $369.78+/- a pound. Probably a better investment shooting a bovine!

Comment

Working...
                              X