No announcement yet.

Fence line etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by retrieverman; 11-26-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

He trespassed and messed with personal property, to me that is criminal. We had a new guy lease next to us and we left a note on the gate to call us, after a friendly conversation we know where each other's feeders and shot directions.

Comment

The manner in which the “donkey hole” made his request would have severely ****** me off I admit. My first inclination would be , uh, something not good, and if I had caught him in the act........ I like to think I’m better than I used to be and mostly I am, but not always.

Apparently there are two schools of thought on fenceline hunting. Either it’s ok because it’s your land/lease, or it’s not because you’re too close to his land/lease. The law just says no projectile can cross said fence. The rest is up to the two parties to figure out. I think there’s a third option. Face your stand away from their fence and have your feeder no closer than 150 yards away from it. From that standpoint I don’t think the neighbor has a valid argument, although a real “donkey hole” probably still would. Good luck settling this.

Comment

I know a landowner that would shoot the motor/spinner on a feeder if he thought they were to close to the fence, this same jackwagon shared windmills on several pastures and there were water troughs 50' from the fence on both sides. Some folks you just got to shake your head. I seriously doubt anybody will run out of deer on either side of the fence.

Comment

No matter what I think about a feeder/stand being on a fence line, I'd be fired up if someone trespassed and messed with my equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              100'? Or, 100 yards?
              100 feet.

Comment

I did not know there was a feeder made that could sling corn 60yds out!!!
                Bow hunting that, you would have to build the stand on top of the feeder!!

Comment

He did say thanks ,so he's probably a really nice guy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Had the guy left a number I could send him pics of one of our sets. He'd loose it!

The feeder and stand are on opposite sides of the fence [emoji16]

But we have granted access of the land between the fence and a creek

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have duck hunters On a pond 40ft off the fence and they shoot constantly. Annoying As heck but what are you going to do. I was hunting my tower stand nearby one morning and I heard a shot whizz overhead. I yelled a few choice words and it hasn’t happened since. If I see their lights on when I walk in, I now keep walking to the next stand.

Comment

I would paint a big middle finger on the feeder facing that fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          I wouldn’t move the feeder. You lease every square inch of that land. My theory is this. Feeders inside fence 30yds plus and stands on fence hunting that feeder shooting into the property you lease. Now if feeder is on the fence and your stand is yards away shooting towards property line then I have a problem. As long as the projectile doesn’t cross property line then leave it how it is.

Whoever left that note needs an arse whoopin and a visit from the local GW!

Move it closer or leave it where it’s at and set up multiple cams in the area.
                          You and I think alike. I lease every inch of a piece of property and fence lines happen to be fantastic travel routes. I’d never set up to where I’m shooting into the neighboring property but I’ll hunt my side however the hell I want to.

That said, if a lease agreement has been signed and agreed to about 100’ interior boundaries then that agreement needs to be met.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            He did say thanks ,so he's probably a really nice guy.
                            I want to think he is a nice guy. He didn't steal the feeder.

Again, a little conversation between parties could go a long ways.

We are in Callahan county, there is no on-x or huntstand owner/contact info available.

Our property owner talked to perp property owner, but I have no details other than there was a conversation. I really wished our property owner was left out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                              I want to think he is a nice guy. He didn't steal the feeder.
                              He disabled the feeder!!!
                              Yeah, he's a swell guy!!!!

Comment

Put yourself in his shoes..
                                How "bee hive pizzed" are ya'll going to be if he now puts one 20 feet from the fence, on his side? And don't say ya'll wont be either..
                                This is exactly how silly nonsense gets started but its great for the high fence builders..
                                Its much easier to just be respectful of each other..

Just because it legal doesn't mean its right..

Comment

Working...
                                X