No announcement yet.

Truck Flatbeds Yes/No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one when I ran cows and poured concrete.. I loved it. I used it as a work bench as much as I used it as a truck bed.. fuel cell on top and had every hand tool you could imagine in the side boxes.. when I went out of town I just strapped my totes down .. now yall have me wanting a new one.. I hate having a regular bed on a pick up . It's the first thing to get dented and scratched.

Comment

I had one on an 02 Tundra and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
        Caint you put some removable sides on? Stained wood looks sharp like in ryholub post
        And then you gotta remove them and store them. And if you leave them on, you might as well have a bed.

Comment

I've been thinking of putting one on my F350 SRW. I'm sick and tired of not being able to reach anything in my toolbox or in the bed without crawling in the bed to get it. If I need to get something out of the bed and try to reach over the siderail, I get dirt all over my nice clean clothes. I might miss my backup camera, but I lived 40+ years without one so I bet I'll survive. I'm just tired of crawling up in that big bastage everytime I need something....which is everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I've been thinking of putting one on my F350 SRW. I'm sick and tired of not being able to reach anything in my toolbox or in the bed without crawling in the bed to get it. If I need to get something out of the bed and try to reach over the siderail, I get dirt all over my nice clean clothes. I might miss my backup camera, but I lived 40+ years without one so I bet I'll survive. I'm just tired of crawling up in that big bastage everytime I need something....which is everyday.

Put the strawboss lawnchair in the back cab floorboard and tie your beer cooler to the back tiedown cleat so it doesn't slide around.. Problem solved.

I could see how they would be handy on a flat road and a flat dirt lease but nothing on the flatbed would make it very long on my rocky hill lease. My ranching landowner prefers bedded trucks for that very reason. Guess it depends on your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              And then you gotta remove them and store them. And if you leave them on, you might as well have a bed.

We’ve put pallets on the bed no problem. It allows more use of the bed and having the quick draw tool box. You just have to take the wing nut and bolt to take the end of and then slide it right back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Flatbeds

Hey Curt they can move the backup camera to the flatbed also, work just like factory location nearly

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I watch all of Ramball36's builds that I catch. Ive seen him mold those cameras right into his beds.

Comment

Mobile work bench, ladder, sawhorse, cutting board, anvil, shooting bench, feed hauler, I could go on and on.

Comment

I think they look badazz as far as function and usability I can’t say I’ve never owned one.

Comment

My dual wheeled F350 has one, but my F150 carries a Leer cover so if I haul much bulky stuff it’s either a trailer or the one ton. I move my tractor and backhoe with it, carry chains and boomers, tool box, fuel tank, etc. I wouldn’t be without it although I’ve seen some beds I like better than mine. I put some short side-boards on mine to keep corn, fertilizer, seed, etc. from falling off. It’s easier to unload when it’s waist high rather than being down in a pickup bed.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                          The one on the tan taco is killer.... great work!
                          I second that! Man that thing is awesome!

Comment

I think they look pretty ghey on short bed trucks.......not that theres anything wrong with that......

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              I think they look pretty ghey on short bed trucks.......not that theres anything wrong with that......
                              I think all half ton trucks are ghey...Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                I think all half ton trucks are ghey...Not that there is anything wrong with that...
                                Me too!

Comment

Working...
                                X