Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been thinking about getting one.

Comment

Just put a Norstar service body on my Drw f-350 and couldn’t be happier.

They’re hard to come by used but thank goodness as I couldn’t afford this particular bed otherwise

Norstar Company is a family-owned and operated manufacturer of American-made Norstar Truck Beds and Iron Bull Trailers in Brookston, Texas.
      Last edited by Nike; 10-15-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

My uncle has had one on his last two trucks. Definitely has me wanting one and I haven’t heard of any complaints from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m dang tempted to throw a flat bed on my 350 SRW. It sure would make life a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I’m dang tempted to throw a flat bed on my 350 SRW. It sure would make life a lot easier.

Me too, but that 4K to put it on is making me wait till someone or something messes up my aluminum bed.

Comment

If you’re working out of your truck, ranching, welding, etc. they’re great but no advantage for the average guy to have one, more of an inconvenience. I put one on a Tacoma I had after the bed rusted out. Having to tie/strap everything down makes it a pain in the ***.

Comment

I have several but they are all work trucks, no way i would want one for my regular truck.

Comment

Good for loading/unloading pallets with a forklift.

I wouldn't want one...

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
                    Me too, but that 4K to put it on is making me wait till someone or something messes up my aluminum bed.

Yep. Plus I don’t want to lose any payload capacity. I’m already scraping by as it is. Got a feeling a dually is in my future unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      Yep. Plus I don’t want to lose any payload capacity. I’m already scraping by as it is. Got a feeling a dually is in my future unfortunately.

I had one, don’t get me wrong I loved it but was a PIA in the city. If I was hauling a trailer every day, would’ve been a different story. Plus I like a clean truck and going through a car wash [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        If you’re working out of your truck, ranching, welding, etc. they’re great but no advantage for the average guy to have one, more of an inconvenience. I put one on a Tacoma I had after the bed rusted out. Having to tie/strap everything down makes it a pain in the ***.
                        Caint you put some removable sides on? Stained wood looks sharp like in ryholub post

Comment

Until you have one it’s hard to explain. It’s just easier on so many levels to work from and tow from. Here is mine

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                            Caint you put some removable sides on? Stained wood looks sharp like in ryholub post

Yeah my uncle did that nice. I think it accents the king ranch. I thought he would have issues keeping stuff in the bed also when he first got it but it’s been to Illinois and will be going to Colorado this week and he hasn’t lost anything yet.

Comment

Built 2 for my own pickups. If you have the time, tools, skills, and patience, its cheaper to go that route for a skirted bed. If you want the non-skirted, its a wash from what I find. All in all, I loved the bed. Hooking up trailers was a breeze. It was wider and longer than a factory bed so I loaded all kids of stuff on it that would not fit between the wheel wells or sides of a standard bed. The built in toolboxes were great too. Plus, it just looked bad @$$ with the flatbed.

On the flip side, Im really liking the fact that I went back to the factory bed. Its lighter, which helped out on my gasser. The departure angle is better with the factory setup so I dont run the risk of getting stuck offroad like I did this winter when the bed bottomed me out on a wash I was crossing. I also dont have to strap everything down anymore to keep in on/in the bed. The bedsides also conceal stuff in my bed a little better from a distance.

All in all, I think they're great. If I had a situation where I was using a truck primarily for work, Ide run one again in a heartbeat. However, I dont think I would run one on my daily again. Just my $.02.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                                My brother showed me one of those trucks I think.. do you buy animals from D4 exotics??
                                I was a partner in a company that did, it would’ve been my old partner that showed him. Let’s just say he didn’t have much to do with the actual design or work on them lol, I’ve since gone back on my own and have a few different beds on the board for both Toyota’s and full size pickups.

Comment

Working...
                                X