Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stepping out of my element tomorrow, advise please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stepping out of my element tomorrow, advise please?

25th wedding anniversary this week and we're heading to NYC to spend it. flying southwest into LaGuardia airport. anyone every taken the subway to the time square area from the airport? we're staying at the Riu Plaze on 46th st.

No subway. Taxi or Uber it. Have fun. It's a great place to visit.

Comment

Taxi or Uber with your bags. Get settled then geau explore....it is truly a fun place to visit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Uber app. Thanks

Comment

If you can swing it, Tavern on the Green in Central Park was always one of our favorite, historical, places to eat.

See the menus for Tavern On The Green in New York, NY. Open Monday - Thursday: 11am - 10pm, Friday: 11am - 11pm, Saturday: 9am-11pm, Sunday: 9am-10pm for dine-in, outdoor seating, and takeaway!

Comment

Yep, Just do Taxi or Uber. Ride the subway later if want the experience. Grand Central Station is pretty cool!

Comment

Usually I'm full of information but no help on this one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a family vacation there about 5 years ago. I was not excited about going, I thought NYC was the last place I would want to go on vacation.

I ended up having a blast, it was a lot of fun. We stayed at Waldorf Astoria. Very nice place.

Comment

No taxi. Never tried Uber but we went with a ride servce the last time we were there. A little more expensive but worth very penny!
                  I love NY but no way would I live there!

Comment

NYC is my favorite destination! Going back in July for the third time in about two years. There isn’t a subway stop at LaGuardia so your first point is to jump a bus at the airport. I don’t remember stops but if you’re interested hit me up and I’ll guide you. Get a one week MTA pass at the exit of the airport and that will cover all buses and subways while you’re there. If I remember right they are $34 each. We have never Ubered, Lyfted or taken a taxi while there. You WILL want a subway while you’re there so may as well jump in from the get go. Shoot me a PM if needed and I’ll help as much as I can.

Comment

Better take rubber gloves and Sanitizer, be safe

God Bless

Comment

before you EVER STEP OFF OF THE CURB be totally heads up - taxis will run your butt over

Comment

Meh - take the subway. Contrary to popular belief most New Yorkers aren’t jerks, simply politely ask cop, metro worker, or a friendly looking local. Been there half a dozen times and never had a rude experience asking. Also a useful tip, I know on iPhone maps there’s an option to choose a bus/train for directions. It will tell you where the station is, what color train to get on and when to get off. Easy peasy...

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                            Meh - take the subway. Contrary to popular belief most New Yorkers aren’t jerks, simply politely ask cop, metro worker, or a friendly looking local. Been there half a dozen times and never had a rude experience asking. Also a useful tip, I know on iPhone maps there’s an option to choose a bus/train for directions. It will tell you where the station is, what color train to get on and when to get off. Easy peasy...
                            This.

And get the re loaded card for subway/bus.

Probably a youtube video on it.

We were gonna go but worried they would shutdown all the good places

Comment

Good luck should be a good time. Never been but have always wanted to go.
                              Maybe you can let us know how it's going. Will keep an eye out for a post.

Comment

Working...
                              X