Welding hood rec’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding hood rec’s?

You need to check out Coremark Metals in Saginaw too! They have a huge room with every material imaginable, in smaller quantities, and shorter pieces. They have a bunch of CNC plasma cut letters, gussets, smoker parts, designs, etc. square, round, plate, sheet, DOM, aluminuminum, stainless, cold roll, hot roll, saw blades, bits, wheels....it never ends.

It is a phenomenal place for the weekend warrior...I could leave a paycheck in there without trying to hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 01-30-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

How do these nicer good hold up to stick welding. My old harbor freight mask is fine when it’s clean but run a few rods through the welder and all the flux smoke has it so hazey it’s hard to see.

I’m often welding in a small shop with poor ventilation.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Don't buy until you look at Weld Cote. Unbelievable hood, well thought out design and the price is right. I replaced a Miller Elite hood with one of them and then bought 2 more.
        I have one and love it.

Comment

You won't regret that Miller digital elite. I won one of those a while back and have spent a good amount of time in that hood doing tig and mig, inside and outside, and that son of a gun is crystal clear with an excellent viewing size.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
            Same boat - I did buy a northern tool welding table. It’s actually a great table for the $180 I spent.

I have a Jackson Insight Hood. Are Miller’s really that much better?
            I had been eyeballing that table. Im tired of doing everything on the floor!

ppe? Whats that? Ive been known to weld in shorts and crocs

Comment

I have a Jackson Insight Hood. Are Miller’s really that much better?[/QUOTE]

Yes hands down! The new clear view technology is above and beyond the rest of the field. The only one close or the same is the sweedish made optrel which is pushing $500

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                I had been eyeballing that table. Im tired of doing everything on the floor!

ppe? Whats that? Ive been known to weld in shorts and crocs
                I had serious doubts about the NT table when I took it out of the box - was sure it wouldn’t be that stable. However, it’s actually really solid once you get it together. I didn’t think I’d use the clamps they provided but they too are pretty decent.

My buddies laugh cause I’ll weld in shorts and my leather welding jacket...

Comment

I've had my standard Miller hood for years. There's a few things that could be improved. Mainly having to reset the auto darkening every time I use it. Other than that, it's worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                    I had serious doubts about the NT table when I took it out of the box - was sure it wouldn’t be that stable. However, it’s actually really solid once you get it together. I didn’t think I’d use the clamps they provided but they too are pretty decent.

My buddies laugh cause I’ll weld in shorts and my leather welding jacket...
                    that's good to know!

thanks

Comment

I have a Miller Elite now. But the next helment i will buy will be a miller T94I

That way i have a face shield built in.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        I have a Jackson Insight Hood. Are Miller’s really that much better?
                        Yes hands down! The new clear view technology is above and beyond the rest of the field. The only one close or the same is the sweedish made optrel which is pushing $500[/QUOTE]

Thanks - my 40+ year old eyes can use all the help my wallet can afford

Comment

I ended up buying the Miller digital elite from welding supplies from ioc. Got the Americana paint scheme. It was 239.00 then I signed up for the their newsletter and got 15.00 off which basically covered the tax. Having cataract surgery next week so I think a new and improved hood over what I have will be nice.

Comment

As usual y’all are a plethora of great information. Welded for 25 years with my last gig being at Axis Tube and Pipe. We had company issued Miller hoods but never anything close to the ones y’all have talked about here. Think I’m gonna treat myself to a new one as well.

Comment

My new one won't be here until Tuesday....I may shut down production on the latest deer blind until then.

Comment

i have a Miller Digital, haven't got to use it a lot, but i do like it. works great
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X