No announcement yet.

Selling a House Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its easy to do yourself, have bought and sold 2 with out a realtor, fisrt was word of mouth and 2nd i listed it on zillow myself, did everything though the local title office

Comment

It’s always easy to do yourself until it isn’t. Real estate transactions can get very messy. Getting tangled with a bad buyer can cost time and money. Having family that knows title is a huge plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t think it will be easy. I just know I’m about to have several months with little else to do. Might give me something to feel good about

Comment

When I sold mine by owner the best money I spent was having a real estate lawyer look over and explain the ins and outs on the contract. He gave me a lot of insight and advice if this happens or what this legal term means to the seller or buyer. It wasn't that expensive either.

Comment

We sold our log home and 5 acres off of a Zillow listing and did it for sale by owner. The realtors want to know if you are willing to pay a commission if they bring you a buyer- “No!” One realtor told me well good luck selling it. I told her ma’am I already have a contract on it for over asking price. We sold it ourselves for more than asking price and we took our own pictures. The only money we spent was on some for sale by owner signs that we put out. I would at least try it out to start. That’s what we did as we had a realtor friend who was going to list it for us for a cheap percentage if we couldn’t sell it. We did it ourselves with the only listing’s were Zillow and FB marketplace. Good Luck!
            Last edited by parkchief100; 01-20-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Admittedly it depends on circumstance. Realtors certainly have a place. In my situation, it was low inventory and high demand. I knew within reason I could get it sold in a month. Got lucky and it only took 2 days.

If you know your market, go for it!

If you are worried about it, realtor may be a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drone- Good idea for outside.
                Get someone that can build a 3D "Walkthrough" with very good pictures. This is where you basically walk around the home by clicking to move and then at every click is a 360 degree picture.
                Do lots of research on your market and even have realtors price it.
                List on all the MLS websites.
                IF you don't leave any money on the table, saving 3% on a realtor with your house WILL go a LONG way into your boat.

Comment

Looks really good Glen, I'll second the get an appraisal first notion. Are you still planning to move to the coast?

Comment

So a 3d photo walk through is better than having a drone fly it and everywhere inside and out?

Still trying to move to the salt

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      So a 3d photo walk through is better than having a drone fly it and everywhere inside and out?

Still trying to move to the salt
                      Look at what other people have done, and see what you like best.

Comment

However you go about it, good luck with the sale and ultimate move to the salt, Glen!

Comment

I figured the drone would be something nobody else has done. The guy I’m using has a drone company. I’ll get the website built and see what you guys think. Give me 4 weeks

Comment

You shouldn't need railing around the porch unless there is a drop off of more than, I think, 30".

Comment

3-minute drone is too long, BUT, drone footage is a good thing. I use professional photography and depending on house, a drone. And depending on house, we hire somebody to stage an empty house, or use a virtual tour and the professional will cirtually add furniture to rooms.

I will say that some are apt at doing a FSBO, but not all. I had a house listed late last year, but client wanted it listed at 260k+, which was way over what I told him we could get, my suggestion was 235k. Sat on market for 3-months and he turned down several offers in the 230k range. I finally suggested we terminate the listing agreement, after he daily complained it was selling. He called me yesterday, desperate to sell and asked if I knew anybody that would give him 170k just so he could dump it.

So be sure to price it right. Good luck....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                I figured the drone would be something nobody else has done. The guy I’m using has a drone company. I’ll get the website built and see what you guys think. Give me 4 weeks
                                Drones are used regularly here in DFW area, and one lady in the office uses a website on almost all her listings that are 500k or more. Look into a .info site, a lot cheaper than a .com site.

Just FYI, and do what you want, but I do know that to use a drone for commercial purposes, well just check regulations and such to be legal.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X