Daughters 1st deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters 1st deer

Man what a great weekend. My 8 year old daughter decided she was ready to hunt this year. We practiced a few times but probably not as much as we should have but with the shots she was making I knew she was ready. Headed out yesterday morning and had our target buck out first thing. He was a freaky horned buck with a drop tine. He didn’t stick around long though and gave us no shot. We saw 4 more bucks and had the one I have my eye on come through but never stopped long enough for a shot. Did trick or treating last night but was back at it again this morning. She jumped right out of bed and was ready to go. We headed back out well before daylight. Had a few small bucks come through early but not what we were looking for. About an hour after daylight I look over and see our target easing in. He is a very cautious buck and never would come in. He finally disappeared with some other bucks. About that time the cows came through. Figured the hunt was over but was goin to wait another 30 minutes. Didn’t take long for the cows to make there way through and my daughter says daddy there’s a deer. Look up at the feeder and there he was. The droptine buck. She gets settled on him and we wait for him to clear the feeder and get broadside. Where he stops she lets it fly at him and hammered him. Made a perfect shot right through the shoulder. Only went 20 and piled up right in front of us. What a great morning and looking for ward to doin this for years to come. He ended up having 9 points with the droptine
    Attached Files

Awesome ! that is a great picture.

Comment

Good stuff. Congrats to your daughter on a cool buck. She did good.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome looking deer congrats

Comment

Sweet!
              Congrats little lady!

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter! Probably will have a hard time wiping that smile off her face!

Comment

Heck yeah man. That is so outstanding. For her and for you. It is amazing how much excitement there is sitting next to your kids hunting. Well played

Comment

Now that’s a cool looking deer! Congrats little lady!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys. We were both excited she hasn’t quit smiling. Definitely something we won’t forget. Was definitely an odd looking buck that’s for sure

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Way to go little lady!! Those back straps are going to be mighty tasty.

You’re going to get it mounted for her ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice congratulations to the young lady

Comment

Working...
                              X