2019 Adansonia hunt in the books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Adansonia hunt in the books!

I will try to keep this short, but it may drag on a little while.

So as some of you may know, I manage the Adansonia sponsorship here on TBH. I put together a "TBH" hunt last year and after several question and answer sessions booked 9 TBHers. Unfortunately 2 dropped out leaving me with a grand total of 7. With a friend that has been before and the wife we had a group of 10.

This was a top notch group of guys who came to have a great time and shoot some african animals, and boy did they accomplish both. If you take away the animals my friend that has been there before and I shot, they ended up with 45 well above average African trophies. There were some monster Kudu, Impala, Waterbucks, Sable, Cape Buffalo, Gemsbok, and the list goes on and on. I will not mention any names, but be on the look out in a few days for their stories.

Now I really can't stress enough the quality of the animals these guys were shooting. There were several impalas over 24 inches, some 40 plus inch gemsbok, the sable were between 38 and 42inches just to name a few. When I say these boys were having a blast, that is one huge understatement.

So on to my story so you guys can see some pics.

The first morning........
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sun rise.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	25185739

The top animal on my list this trip was a Golden Wildebeest and I knew he was going to be a tough hunt because he was the last bull on the place and he was a loner. We thought about hunting from a blind but decided to do a spot and stalk. Well after a while of him not wanting to come out of the heavy brush on the mountain we decided a push was in order. I set up about 30 yards off a well used trail next to a fence line, the plan was to try and push him to the fence and hopefully he would take the trail that came by me. He attempted to flank the pushers a few times but finally decided to take the trail. I heard him coming down the trail and drew my bow, when he stepped in to my opening I let the arrow fly. It was a great hit and he exploded out of there. We found blood at the spot and decided to give him a few minutes before taking up the track. As it turned out he was pouring blood the entire 90 yards before he died as he was still running, the poor mans buffalo is one tough animal.

Name:	GWB1.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	25185741

Next on my list was a Black Impala. We went out and found several groups of rams, but after a lot of glassing and discussing it I decided to pass on everything, It was one of those times when I just wasn't feeling it. I decided to go after a steenbok and think about the Black Impala a little longer. The Steenbok is a very small very nervous little critter, in the 20 years I have hunted with Adansonia I had never had the opportunity to take one with a bow. This trip I decided I was going to put the bow down and pick up a rifle, after only about 15 minutes in to it I spotted a pretty nice Steenbok and he made the mistake of thinking he was well camouflaged and gave me about 5 seconds to make the 60 yard shot.

Name:	steen.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	25185740

With 2 days left and time running out fast, I decided I would go ahead and take a black impala, I went through all of the" well just get one next trip, well what if there is no next trip" type things and decided to go for it. This hunt was kind of like the Golden Wildebeest except I opted for a rifle due the the time constraints. This guy again was the only black ram on this place and was the best one out of all the others I had seen at different places. Again, he would not come out of the brush and was with a group on regular impalas and a black impala female. Another push was in order, the first push he out smarted us and I didn't get the shot. The second push he was walking thru a small opening at about 70 yards away, that was his last mistake.

Name:	BImp.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	25185742

Here are a few other random pics of one of the tracking dogs taking a nap, and a Donkey cart.

I will post more pics and stories shortly.
    Attached Files

Congrats. That Golden Beast is awesome

Comment

congrats. Looking forward to the rest of the story, along with the other guys' stories

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on some great animals!

Comment

A few more pics

First up is the 54 that were shot, no names to go with the animals, I don't want to tell their stories no matter how good they are.

Name:	54.jpg
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	24588119

All the animals my buddy shot ( he is not on TBH )

Baboon

Name:	rbab.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	24588120

Black impala

Name:	Rblkimp.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	24588121

Black springbok

Name:	Rblkspr.jpg
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	24588122

Eland

Name:	Reland.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	24588123

Sable

Name:	Ron Sable.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	24588124

Vervet monkey

Name:	rver.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	24588125

Comment

Mof and his crew deliver again! Looks like you all had a fantastic hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                Mof and his crew deliver again! Looks like you all had a fantastic hunt!
                Yes sir, you are correct, he was once again in fine form.

Comment

Oh Ron

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                    Oh Ron
                    Yep, he is still Ron.

Man we almost be our old groups record on number of animals killed. The one group killed 56 with 13 hunting, this group killed 54 with 9 hunting. If you go by the average numbers it was beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                      Yes sir, you are correct, he was once again in fine form.
                      Would like to see him, Minnie and the kids again (I'm sure the kids are much bigger!)

Comment

Making a coin purse out of the vervet monkey? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                          Making a coin purse out of the vervet monkey? Lol

I will have to ask him. I tried to get the guy who killed the cape to make some sort of little container out of his but when I mentioned it he looked at me like I was crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                            Would like to see him, Minnie and the kids again (I'm sure the kids are much bigger!)
                            Oh yes, Jandri will be 18 soon. They are all doing fine and growing like weeds. Super good kids!

Comment

I really can dig on that Black Impala, can't say i have ever seen one even in a zoo
                              '

Comment

Working...
                              X