Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David B Hodder
    I'm so sad that someone wants to destroy deer
    If the good lord didn’t want us to eat them, he wouldn’t have made them taste so dang good

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
      If the good lord didn’t want us to eat them, he wouldn’t have made them taste so dang good

That person may not have good intent here. New account. Don't fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        That person may not have good intent here. New account. Don't fall for it.

Looks like they banned him quickly

Comment

I like to get mine back, to the best intent possible and good prices. I have all the equipment to process myself but look at cost vs time aspect. I know I can process cheaper then $85/deer but my time is worth way more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to go to a meat market outside Orlando, FL that had a kegerator in their lobby. Walk in, pour yourself a cold one, then shop for top shelf meat. That cold beer kept a lot of folks coming back...

Comment

I just used H&H in Liberty, I really like their product. Very nice people and a solid product. They do somewhat of a heavy smoke on their sausage and summer sausage which I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                Never used a processor
                Do It Myself

Comment

I usually do my own processing, but time constraints and prior commitments sometimes forces me to drop one off at the processor. I had to drop one off on Monday due to not having time, went to the processor i used last in 2018 who did a good job and you get your deer back. He wasn't taking any more drop offs because he was down a guy due to covid and he steered me down the road to another guy who has a similar business model. First impression was good, and hopefully i'll get some quality meat back in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I got a "peek behind the curtain" of one of our local processors during peak season and will never ever use a processor again.

I'm also of the opinion that you don't necessarily get your meat back and i know some don't take as much care getting it there as others.

Comment

its all about the quality of the finished product for me. I only use a processor for sausage though. I process everything else myself. I just don't have the time for sausage. I've used quite of few of the local houston area guys and I wasn't overly impressed. found one near beaumont that, to date, is the best hands down on sausage. They aren't cheap but I'll pay for quality. it's a dying art and there is room out there for more processors especially for wild hogs. i noted one of the comments above about a processor not using wild hog meat which i'll never understand. We eat so much wild hog I could keep a guy busy just with pork.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                        Couple of quick questions for everyone, why do you use your current processor? Is it Taste? Knowing that you are getting your deer back? Do you use someone that is on the way to your lease or around the house? What would it take for you to try a different processor for the first time? Thanks in advance for the responses
                        1.Taste
                        2.Reputation
                        3.Proximity

Comment

The place I use is
                          -Clean, like really clean
                          -Get your own meat back
                          -Fast, just dropped a red deer off and had it back within 6 Days, dropped the Monday before thanksgiving.
                          -The owner is genuinely good people, and I don't mind paying for his quality & attention.
                          -10 Minutes away from the house.

On Nov 23, my deer was number 574 that he's checked in that year.

Comment

I have a good buddy who was a processor for a long time and him and I, mostly him, did mine the other day. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'll probably do that from here on out unless I just don't have time, like I shot it on a week day and it was hot or something. I'll slowly start acquiring the necessary equipment to get it done.

Comment

hardly use a processor but when i do i want my deer not some bodies gut shot deer and obv i want good taste wouldn't take it somewhere if it didn't taste good.

Comment

I used the same processor for years. One man shop. Did great work at a great price and turn around was short. Unfortunately he retired last year. I currently have three deer at three different processors and will see which one I like best. The crazy thing is it has been hard to find a processor that has the space to take deer.

One day I'd like to do my own processing. But don't have the time right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X