Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hear my warning, this will be the new bowfishing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No different than beer bottles, fast food bags, and empty corn bags everywhere from the wilderness to my driveway.
    Some of yall were not raised right.

Fish is about the best fertilizer you can get.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We just caught one. Jackass left mld permits attached. Sherriff will be filing illegal dumping on the hunter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        Do folks not realize.................
        Fish are one of the best fertilizers there is ????
        Heck, take'em home.... and bury them in the flower beds...........
        But mostly, I say....... If you ain't gonna eat'em.......
        don't kill'em.......(there are exceptions to this).............
        I feel the same way, personally, I kill to eat! I know a lot of guys will shoot hogs and leave them lay. If they are ok with that, I'm not going to argue, but dumping them off on someone else or in a ditch, that's just deplorable!

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Nationwide, what percentage of ducks and geese taken by hunters are actually eaten? No way to know but my guess is it's pretty low...
        If anyone in SE TX is in that boat, let me know and I will "dispose of them for you".

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          Duck bled out and cooked correctly tastes better than rut venison
          "Cooked correctly" is what most folks are missing. Or they want wild game to taste like store bought junk meat!

A little soak in some DP doesn't do the divers any harm!

Comment

Just use a carpet or fillet knife to shred the fish so the minnows can feed then return them back to the fishery. They're gone in 20 minuets.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
              I bet 75% of waterfowl taken are disposed of instead of being eaten by the hunters.
              One of the reasons I quit duck hunting. I loved the hunting but I never did like duck. I ate it, but didn’t like it, so I stopped shooting them. You don’t have to eat clay birds !

Comment

Never really seen anything like that but I found two limits of doves just left in a pile on the road one time.

Comment

My place has a small dry creek on the blacktop county road bordering me. The little bridge crossing it is a magnet for every trashy person in the county, especially this time of the year. If someone is going to kill deer, why do they feel the need to dump the bones and scraps off a bridge? That doesn’t even account for the idiots dumping pigs and regular old trash.

Comment

Man I can't believe what yall are saying about waterfowl, that's a crying shame if so. It's really easy to cook, just don't overcook it. All these spoiled people don't want the hassle but want pictures for their social media so they can pretend to be outdoorsmen. Terrible.

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    We just caught one. Jackass left mld permits attached. Sherriff will be filing illegal dumping on the hunter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                    Awesome!

Comment

Waste fish sure make a great nutrient source for garden beds.... especially when establishing new ones. Bury about 10-14 inches and enjoy healthy vegetables for a decade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trash

Worst thing around here is empty corn bags all the roads and ditches.Hate that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                          I bet 75% of waterfowl taken are disposed of instead of being eaten by the hunters.
                          During high school and college I guided or help guide duck and goose hunters from as far away as new Zealand. There was 2 kinds of day hunter. Those who wanted every ounce of duck and goose and some who spent 1000s and didnt care to keep a single bird.

Fortunately we had some less fortunate people who would take all we had

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                            Duck bled out and cooked correctly tastes better than rut venison
                            This. And duck jerky is better than deer jerky.
                            Love to duck. No longer do as dog has passed. Can’t bring myself getting another one.

Comment

Working...
                            X