No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it is greener than ever great for animals but not great for us! Lots of browse for the deer. Acorns are starting to get thick on the oaks. We hunt west of RS on hwy 55. All our shooters have disappeared. Time to find oak clusters and set up stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to my lease last weekend and had a very successful/productive trip. Ended up killing 8 hogs and got all the feeders filled. Glad to see how green it was. Didn't see any deer that was worth getting excited about but still was a good trip.

Anyone else been covered up in ring tailed cats? We had three in our camp, I took care of two of them this weekend, and we had two box blinds that had them, I took care of one of them.

Comment

I'm south of town by the airport and we have them. They have been tearing up my blind I've set up a trap but haven't gottem yet. Going out in a couple of weeks we'll see what mess they made this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksprings2017 View Post
          I'm south of town by the airport and we have them. They have been tearing up my blind I've set up a trap but haven't gottem yet. Going out in a couple of weeks we'll see what mess they made this time.
          You might try some "one bite" rat poison. I bet it would do the trick.

We have them but not the numbers you guys are talking about. I actually like them and think they're cool critters but that would change if they started trashing my blinds!

Comment

I think they are a cool animal but they bring in carcasses to our camp, the blinds and in the engine bays of our vehicles which is very smelly.

Comment

hows things looking in Edwards County this year?

Comment

Really nice and green last weekend animals are looking great.

Comment

Lots of deer moving this past week.
                  I passed a 4.5 yr old 8 on Wednesday evening.
                  Mature bucks all over my camera in the back of our place during daylight. (800 acres) In the front, 15 deer every hunt but none of the mature deer have shown themselves day or night. 1 bale of alfalfa lasts maybe 2 days. Has the potential for an epic season IMO
                  We're 1 mile north of the uvalde County line in Real county.
                  No acorns to speak of and really dry.

Comment

Haven't been out to Edwards/Real County since Turkey season. Between work and 2 long western hunts, I just haven't had time. Hopefully making a trip out there real soon.

Good luck to all y'all this season!

Comment

Anyone still seeing rattlesnakes out right now.. heading out this Thursday and deciding if I need to bring snake boots or hunting boots

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates in edwards? We hunt west of town it’s been slow. Zero decent bucks on cameras In weeks! More like months. They all disappeared! Lots of doe and young bucks coming to the feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                          Any updates in edwards? We hunt west of town it’s been slow. Zero decent bucks on cameras In weeks! More like months. They all disappeared! Lots of doe and young bucks coming to the feeders.

Same here but that's fairly normal for us.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post

We are south of town. Hunted the gun opener and saw alot of deer but only two mature bucks. Lots of younger bucks.

Comment

I'm south of town on 55 and I'm covered up in young bucks. I was there for the first week of november and will be back out for the next couple weeks. from what I've been hearing the rut activity is starting to pick up.

Comment

Hoping to take my first trip of the year this coming weekend; I sadly haven't been to the ranch since turkey season. Going to knock down 1-2 does as quick as possible for some meat and then will hunt for horns. If I'm being honest, I'll probably sit the first hunt with a bow and then break out the rifle and stalk around. Definitely approaching the best time of year for whitetail in this area, however with warm weather isn't ideal.
                                Last edited by Patton; 11-16-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X