Dog breed recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I’m dieing for another German shorthair. They can do everything you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOVE my GSP!! She can do ALL that you are looking for and more!

Comment

Catahoula's have stolen my heart and mind. Best dog i have ever had.

Comment

My next will be a rescue.

Comment

Couple of my friends have Labradoodles, and another has a GoldenDoodle. They are all loving, and cute as can be (in a dis-sheveled kinda way, kinda like the wife first thing in the morning).

Comment

I have a 1/2 border collie 1/2 Australian Shepard. Good Dog!

Comment

Lab vote

Comment

German Wirehair pointer... great upland and waterfowl dog love to hang with you in the house and can be trained to Bloodtrail as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bully Dawg!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post
                    Anatolian Shepherd
                    Ours has been a great addition to our family. Smart, well behaved, gets along great with people and other pets. Occasionally likes to "herd" family members. We did not expect him to outweigh his parents by 30# at his first birthday. He came from a cattle/goat ranch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                    We rescued we dog we though was a lab mix. 3 vets have told us shes an Anatolian shepherd with maybe some lab solid white. Goofiest most hard headed dog ive ever had. Shes funny and will try to herd us around the yard, but has no desire to listen to commands. She does sit and stay but thats about it and only when she wants to. She thinks shes a lap dog and sometimes gets her way, but 100 lbs of puppy jumping on you will get your attention.
                    Last edited by doublearrow; 06-15-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Someone said you had to rule out Labradors because he wanted a Guard Dog . Not true at all ; I’ve had several Labradors that if you don’t live in my home you are not getting out of your vehicle or coming in our house . My wife says it’s because the dogs mimicked my personality 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Boogieman View Post
                        Bully Dawg!
                        Those are worse than the small yappers

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                          Looking for a medium to large dog (prefer working type group) that is loving, does well in a house (especially when gone to work), and wont break the bank.
                          I have considered a Lab, but seems like everyone has one and it would be neat if it was a little more off the wall, but I am not apposed to it.
                          I had a Weimaraner and loved her, but she was spastic until almost 4 years old.
                          Any ideas?
                          Adopt a greyhound. They fill all your requirements. I’ve had 8 over the years.

Comment

Mix of Lab and Catahoula. We rescued one recently at 3 months old and he is awesome in the house with kids and a helluva working dog (retrieving and blood work) so far at only 8 months old. Great mix of both breeds and personalities. Our first rescue and I’d do it again in a heartbeat now. Just seem so happy to be rescued and loved and want to please. Good luck. I also grew up with 6-8 labs and love them too

Comment

We are looking at a F1 breed, Newfy-Doodle. They seem to be the right mixture and temperament for what we (I) are looking for. The Doodle hair is a must, no shedding will be great.

We have a Cho Lab now, absolutely an amazing family member and perfect with my daughters. I will cry alot when he passes. He is 11yrs and still going strong, Hemp Oil has been a life saver for that old man.

Comment

Some of our best friends have bullmastiff/ great pyrenees puppies ready in a week or 2 out of Arlington.pm me if interested

Comment

Working...
                                X