No announcement yet.

99-f250-7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do need a rim so I can have a spare , I have an extra tire , they are 37x13.50R22LT.

Actually could use any spare tire 35in even might do that will fit this bolt pattern. Just something to get me down the road if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow what a bargain. Nice ride!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Needed something to pull the crappie boat with ......

,,Sam,,

Comment

You ha e way way more than a grand in tires and wheels not counting the bumpers and truck.

There is a YouTube about fixing the slack in the shifter. It’s a link under the dash, use locktite and your golden in about 5 min

Comment

I’ll look that up , Thanks...

,,Sam,,

Comment

Cant wait to see this project tomorrow!

Comment

Of course it’s not the easy tightening of two bolts , the bushings on the shifter shaft are both worn out ( literally out neither where they should be ). $6 for new bushings lots of cussing priceless....

,,Sam,,

Comment

Comment

Not a bad looking Ford hard to believe the price

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
                      So the 4x4 wasn’t working so I took the pretty center caps off and the hubs will lock if you manually lock them so the 4x4 works fine you just have to get out and lock the hubs in.I’m ok with that from what I found the auto hubs are vacuum operated so can get seal kits to fix them later. I opened both diffs and inspected no rust but had some water in the front and thick crap in the bottom in the rear. Cleaned out and new seals and oil , drained and filled the transfer case also. Changing the oil and doing a pan drop and filter on the transmission. The shifter has some slop in it like you have to go past the D in drive and past the 2 for second gear , and it will not go into first at all ( Runs and shifts fine while in drive
                      ( overdrive ). Hopefully it’s a linkage issue...

Also the a/c is cold as hell only problem is it blows cold no matter where you turn the heat knob. The knob works on the function part switches fine to vent , floor , defrost , the problem is it’s all cold no heat ????? No matter if you have it on coldest or hottest it’s all cold..
                      Look up under the dash and there is a dial on a cable that you can turn to get the shifter bar back closer to showing what gear you are in If the actual gear shifter is loose, there are some bushings In the steering column that can be replaced to get the slop out of it.
                      Last edited by rwurz; 10-15-2020, 05:54 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
                        Of course it’s not the easy tightening of two bolts , the bushings on the shifter shaft are both worn out ( literally out neither where they should be ). $6 for new bushings lots of cussing priceless....

,,Sam,,
                        You got it. Should have read down further.

Comment

Only two things I've seen to mess with your HVAC controls in the 7.3 SD trucks ...the vacuum leak on the hubs causes the hvac to default to defrost only when you shift in to 4wd. Or, something has fallen in the defrost vent in the dash to keep the vents from operating and closing properly.

Comment

In for results

Comment

I'd say vacuum leak is why ac vent and 4x4 lock dont work. Pick up a extra CPS and put it in the glove box now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                I'd say vacuum leak is why ac vent and 4x4 lock dont work. Pick up a extra CPS and put it in the glove box now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Yup!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X