CNC Router Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNC Router Shopping

As some here know I am a DIY’r and post a few of my projects in here . When I finally retire I would like to start building and selling things like a few here are doing. I showed the mrs some of the things that can be made with a CNC router and she has given me the green light. I do not want your entry level machine but something with a good size capability and well made. Looking at the New Wave Shark HD 520 or possibly an Axiom AR 8. Really want a 48” wide unit for bigger pieces but the boss probably won’t approve the expense. Does any here dabble with these routers? Please shed some light on this stuff. Future issues would be the software as I am a pencil and wood block guy.

Watching

Comment

When im ready to upgrade, I definitely want a bigger machine, at least 48 x 48.

But most importantly, it needs a spindle and not a router.

Ive looked at avid and stepcraft

Comment

Shop Sabre is my next investment. 48x48 with 4th axis and tool changer.

Comment

I work for HAAS might wanna call the office ask for salesman in your area and see what offers and machines we have. Factory is giving huge deals right now due to covid. No I'm not in sales, I'm service and will not get anything out of it, just trying to help.

Comment

No
            Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            Shop Sabre is my next investment. 48x48 with 4th axis and tool changer.
            Something like that is pricey, thinking in the $25-30K range.
            Just adding a spindle and laser was $5000 extra on mine.

I emailed them and low and behold they called me within an hour. I had a good chat with ShopSabre. Felt really comfortable with them and they about sold me on one. Waiting for a couple quotes back to decide on the model. The hitch is that it could be 10-12 weeks out before being shipped. Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
            X