E-Bike suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Bike suggestions

We have a Rambo e-bike and we are really happy with it. We won it in a door prize drawing (Thanks On Target Archery!!), so we didn't feel a drop in the checking account! Now we want to get a second e-bike. I was wondering what y'all are using and your thoughts. Is the Rambo really worth the extra coin?

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
    We have a Rambo e-bike and we are really happy with it. We won it in a door prize drawing (Thanks On Target Archery!!), so we didn't feel a drop in the checking account! Now we want to get a second e-bike. I was wondering what y'all are using and your thoughts. Is the Rambo really worth the extra coin?
    I have a rad rover by rad power bikes and I compared it to one at BASSPRO I thought mine compared to the Mule which has a rear hub motor of 750watt. But all the electronics were the same and the mule was twice the price. I hear radpower bikes has distributors all over so if something goes wrong you'll have support. But mine hasn't broken down, I use mine to shuttle myself to my truck when I do river trips and to fish on the beach. I turned the governor off on mine and my son can hit 27mph and I can get around 24mph.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Every single e bike company just about pretty much just takes a bike from China and sells it. You can order directly from China the same bikes for the same cost as any starter bike.

Or you can build one yourself even better for way cheaper than the high priced bikes.

Most all the companies in the USA are currently on back order from the demand right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wes, to build your own... do you swap out the rear wheel with a motorized wheel / gear system?

In addition to adding the battery and controller & stuff.
        Last edited by Huntindad; 09-13-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          Wes, to build your own... do you swap out the rear wheel with a motorized wheel / gear system?

Comment

thanx Pistol. Wes can build a very nice ride. I don't know enough about bikes to build one. Maybe in the near future. I do like being able to build a better ride than what is out there commercially.

Comment

Buddy of mine is a distributor for them. D7 E Bikes https://www.d7ebikes.com/

These look better than most. But I have no idea. I am going to take one to south texas this year and play with it in the sand to see how it does.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                Every single e bike company just about pretty much just takes a bike from China and sells it. You can order directly from China the same bikes for the same cost as any starter bike.

Or you can build one yourself even better for way cheaper than the high priced bikes.

Most all the companies in the USA are currently on back order from the demand right now.

Just checked out your build thread. Man, I need you to build me one! Too cool

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Yes . The absolute best build I’ve done though is 2wd with front and rear hub motors . Requires 2 controllers but can be run on 1 battery and throttle .

I’ve come to prefer the hub motors as the don’t require the chain to be driven which is the only downfall of the mid drive .

Fat tire is a must as well as disk brakes at min but hydraulic preferred.

Comment

Ecotric makes a great E-bike. Two of my buddies have them, Fat Tire model, and I will getting one for public land hunting.

Comment

I have a mid drive kit ordered for my fat tire bike. It isn't cheap. Between the fat tire bike and the kit I'll be in it around $2K but once it's built it'll be comparable to the $3-5k retail ebikes. I'm a little nervous about putting it together but I've read some ebike forums and youtubed a lot of installation videos. Hopefully I can get started on it this weekend.

Comment

My Sondors Fold X has been all over LANWR and it cost me less than $1000

Comment

I am supposed to pick up a fold x this weekend... provided the seller has honored our deal. Hope it works out. If not I will be looking.

Wes, How much do you charge for supervising a build and building the battery.

Comment

E-Bike suggestions

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            Yes . The absolute best build I’ve done though is 2wd with front and rear hub motors . Requires 2 controllers but can be run on 1 battery and throttle .

I’ve come to prefer the hub motors as the don’t require the chain to be driven which is the only downfall of the mid drive .

Fat tire is a must as well as disk brakes at min but hydraulic preferred.

How far a tire are you talking? Normal mountain bike tires are 2.5-2.75” or so I think. Will that work for a rear hub drive?

Comment

I couldn’t recommend mod bikes out of Austin enough. Best e bikes on the market for sure with huge selection/styles for whatever you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X