No announcement yet.

2020 Mock Scrape Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested to know what you put in the scrapes to keep them hitting it. We have found scrapes the last couple of years and put buck urine in them and nothing ever came back to them. Bucks walk right past it or through it and pay it no mind.

Comment

A scrape that a buck makes pre rut has one purpose and is abandoned yearly. Also “lures” are fake and a believe a deer can tell. In25+ years I’ve never had a positive experience with bottles “scent”. ... like me trying to speak Spanish, it won’t take long for someone Spanish to say... you ain’t Spanish!

For scrapes now (and rut) I pee in them once... maybe. Then as soon as 1 deer uses it, it has deer scent in it. Licking branch is critical and location is even more important. I can’t draw them to it really, but can alter their daily routine in order to check to see “who” is in the area. It’s a social thing, but will become routine.

Comment

Nice, I'll be making some soon myself. I've used vines in the past that worked well. I bought some 1.5" cotton rope to use as licking "rope" this year and some Smokey's preorbital gland scent for the rope. I'll pee in the scrape myself too... Will post pics in July

Comment

I put my first in for the year as well. Might get another in this weekend. Its crazy how much water poured out of that grape vine. And the graps hanging across the scrape were doing well too.
          Attached Files

Comment

Scrape @ the cottonmouth. This scrape got 7” of rain the next day after I made it. Still took to it and use it daily. I think the fawn is part of twins I could see a doe with another fawn in background
            Attached Files

Comment

Another small property. Didn’t get camera set on scrape. But had adult and fawn tracks in scrape... 15 yards away
              Attached Files

Comment

Great mock scrape cam pics you got Low Fence, and also good info on this post. Cool to see even the little spotted ones sniffing about learning how to be a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Well I learned something today

May need to make me one and see what happens
                  I keep a couple going year round.

Comment

[ATTACH]1008946[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1008947[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1008948[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1008949[/ATTACH]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-24 23-22-37 M 3_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24621614

Name:	2015-10-14 03-48-33 M 1_3.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	24621615

Name:	2015-10-13 09-28-39 M 1_3.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	24621616

Name:	2015-10-12 23-21-08 M 3_3.jpg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	24621617

If you look close you can see a drip bottle hanging over the scrape

Comment

Name:	2017-10-28 21-12-03 M 3_3.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24621618

Name:	2017-09-28 21-23-32 M 3_3.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	24621619

Name:	2017-11-13 20-42-39 M 3_3.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	24621620

A few more. I have a lot of video too.

Comment

Remembered getting pics of a buck working a scrape out of the normal time I would expect.
                          Camera still there so this morning while I was out I swung by with a rake and raked me out a place to the dirt.

Didn't have to pee so will have to see how it does

Comment

If I can get to the lease next week, should have some more mock scrape pics.

Comment

? on how to make a mock scrape. do yall just clear the dirt/leaves on the ground with your boot then just pee in it? ive refreshed a couple ive found by peeing in em but never had any return to it. think I had to much red bull in the urine because you could sure smell it coming out of me lol

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                                ? on how to make a mock scrape. do yall just clear the dirt/leaves on the ground with your boot then just pee in it? ive refreshed a couple ive found by peeing in em but never had any return to it. think I had to much red bull in the urine because you could sure smell it coming out of me lol
                                Location is critical. Had to be were they naturally travel anyway. Clear a large spot 3-4’ to bare dirt. No roots, leaves grass. Nada. Flat ground. Hang a vertical licking branch. KEY TO THIS WORKING. TIE IT WITH ROPE AND FREE SWINGING @ Just below belt high. The will use orbital gland and licking branch 10:1 over peeing in it. It’s like a sign in book. I don’t always pee in them. If I do it only once, unless it gets rained in very soon after built. Then I’ll clean it out and basically start all over

Comment

Working...
                                X