Sauer Rifles....thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauer Rifles....thoughts?

Looking at adding a Sauer 100 Classic in 6.5PRC.

Online reviews appear good, they guarantee sub MOA 5 shots.

Anyone with first hand knowledge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know about them is that they are imported into the USA by Blaser in San Antonio.

Comment

My sisters boyfriend got one a couple months ago. I don’t remember the model but it’s a 6.5 PRC and it shoots lights out!

Comment

canny I have the same model you are looking at in 6.5 PRC all I have shot thru it is the factory ammo and it shoots sub moa easily.The wood looks a little different doin't remember what kind of wood it is but it has a cool look.The barrel is heavier than a paper barrel,fit and finish is really nice.I mounted a leupold vx5 on mine and the thing just looks serious hunting rifle.I like it and would buy it again.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingarcher View Post
          canny I have the same model you are looking at in 6.5 PRC all I have shot thru it is the factory ammo and it shoots sub moa easily.The wood looks a little different doin't remember what kind of wood it is but it has a cool look.The barrel is heavier than a paper barrel,fit and finish is really nice.I mounted a leupold vx5 on mine and the thing just looks serious hunting rifle.I like it and would buy it again.

Yeah the wood is beech instead of the traditional walnut. Can you post a photo of it, most of the photos I’ve seen online are the generic online photo. Are you shooting the Hornady factory ammo? Which one?

Comment

I am shooting Hornady factory eld-x PM me your # and I will text some pics to you.

Comment

I am shooting Hornady factory eld-x PM me your # and I will text some pics to you.

Pm sent

Comment

Come on you can’t talk about a pretty rifle like that, and then keep the pictures to y’all selves lol

Comment

I’ll never own a Blaser/Sauer rifle, but I sure do enjoy looking at them. I don’t have anything against them, but I treat my rifles far too harsh to buy a beautiful gun such as that.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    I’ll never own a Blaser/Sauer rifle, but I sure do enjoy looking at them. I don’t have anything against them, but I treat my rifles far too harsh to buy a beautiful gun such as that.

The Sauer 100 is their “budget” rifle. It’s a nice rifle no doubt but not up to the level of the Blasers or Sauer 101s.

Comment

I’ve never had a 100 but a few older Sauer 202’s, and if they’re even close to the same, buy with confidence.

I ended up getting rid of my Sauers in favor of a Blaser R93.

Comment

I am not smart enough to post pics so I have to txt them lol.The gun we where talking about is not the Blaser/Sauer rifle you would usually expect to see.The Sauer 100 classic is a basic clean lines hunting rifle with a laminated Beech stock.The kind that a few beauty marks would not hurt your feelings.But you would feel like you got your money's worth in a 800.00 rifle.

Comment

I am not smart enough to post pics so I have to txt them lol.The gun we where talking about is not the Blaser/Sauer rifle you would usually expect to see.The Sauer 100 classic is a basic clean lines hunting rifle with a laminated Beech stock.The kind that a few beauty marks would not hurt your feelings.But you would feel like you got your money's worth in a 800.00 rifle.

Well it arrived today. I’m impressed with the wood as all my wood guns are walnut. I was a little apprehensive about the beech wood. But Sum Beech I’m happy

Comment

That is a nice looking rifle. I had been stuck on a Tikka T3X Lite as I want to get a new rifle chambered in 243 Winchester. The Sauer 100 recently came into the picture and they are in the same price range as the Tikka.

Everything I have read on both of them makes me believe a guy could not go wrong with either one, especially the out of box accuracy for an $800 dollar gun.

I really like the Kimber Mountain Ascent SubAlpine but it is $1800 dollars and they don't make it in the caliber I want.

Be sure and let us know how you do with it. Are you planning on reloading for the 6.5 PRC or just shoot factory?

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              That is a nice looking rifle. I had been stuck on a Tikka T3X Lite as I want to get a new rifle chambered in 243 Winchester. The Sauer 100 recently came into the picture and they are in the same price range as the Tikka.

Everything I have read on both of them makes me believe a guy could not go wrong with either one, especially the out of box accuracy for an $800 dollar gun.

I really like the Kimber Mountain Ascent SubAlpine but it is $1800 dollars and they don't make it in the caliber I want.

Be sure and let us know how you do with it. Are you planning on reloading for the 6.5 PRC or just shoot factory?

Will probably start with factory, but will probably load for it down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X