Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clothing

Just wondering your thoughts on a good brand of pants and jacket that will keep me warm this winter. New to bow hunting. I have the scent blocker base layer. What should I add to it?

Welcome to TBH!

Wind-stop fleece is nice. 'Depends on what you want to spend and the application.

Comment

I don't have a problem spending the money if it's going to work and last. I'll mainly be hunting out of ground blinds and tripod stands.

Comment

Most of my jeans and shirts are Wrangler. The jacket I wear most often is Carhart. I like all the Under Armor stuff. I can't afford much of it, but what I do have is all good gear.

Comment

I personally like the scent look full season. I've been using them for 5 years now with no problem and they still look new. I didn't buy it for there name(actually got the set half off on sale) but for the thickness and material. It's quiet while moving and thick enough to wear by itself into the mid to low 50's but not to thick that you can't can't wear it when it's in the mid to high 70's. Once it gets below 50 I'll put on some wool base layers and I'm good down to the 20's. If it's hotter than than 80's I wear some thinner camo. Hope this helps.

Comment

Lots of good clothes, but very few good quiet clothes. If you can scratch down it with your finger and hear it, it is too loud. A lot of fleece stuff has liners that are loud. For bow hunting you need to touch and feel before you buy. I have some Wall coveralls that are warm and quiet. It is a very hard combo that gun hunters don't have to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              Lots of good clothes, but very few good quiet clothes. If you can scratch down it with your finger and hear it, it is too loud. A lot of fleece stuff has liners that are loud. For bow hunting you need to touch and feel before you buy. I have some Wall coveralls that are warm and quiet. It is a very hard combo that gun hunters don't have to worry about.
              Agree 100% with this

Comment

thanks all.

Comment

Anyone try Kuiu Gear?

Comment

This is my attire:

Early season HOT:
                    Red Head silent hide pants and shirt

Mid bow season-early gun:
                    Same as above, but base layer shirt I walk to stand with shirt in pack and put on ion stand.

Mid rifle:
                    Base layer + silent hide, fleece jacket if needed

Late season:
                    Base layer+ silent hide+ fleece pants and jacket

Cold as a #$&* @#$^&*#@:
                    Base layer, silent hide, rivers west bibs and jacket

Colder than that:
                    I aint goin

Comment

Low fence...that is funny....but so true

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                        Anyone try Kuiu Gear?
                        That's what I wear unless it's a ballfroster and I'm sitting in the stand with no heater

Comment

When its real cold I wear Bass Pro Shops extreme cold weather system base layer. Then the Bass Pro Shops expedition fleece paints, fleece pullover and expedition coat. Neck gator and stocking hat. Have a pair of silent hide insulated bibs to put over it if its REAL cold. used this in Kansas a few years ago with the temp in the teens with no problem.

Comment

May favorite pants are from badlands. Cause they for like pants not pajamas. Base layers and jackets I use under armour

Comment

Originally posted by brettdp09 View Post
                              thanks all.
                              Hope this helps and welcome to TBH....

Comment

Working...
                              X