X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty spot! Good luck

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The buck with the split G2s got to within 53 yards this evening. He sparred with the 8 point off and on for about 20 minutes. He is a nice 3.5 year old buck as best as I can tell. Here are pictures from last year and this year. I hope to get a better look at him in the next few days. I am not convinced I want to try kill this deer. At 4.5 he could be really good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike, as you know, it’s always a game of chance when choosing to shoot or not. Good luck with your choices !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Mike, as you know, it’s always a game of chance when choosing to shoot or not. Good luck with your choices !
          Yes. I have two bucks that I might or might not shoot if given the chance.

I looked out the shop door this morning at 5:00am and got hit with wind driven snow and ice crystals. I didn't go out. This should make this evening's hunt a good one.

Comment

Pulling for you sir.

Rwc

Comment

All caught up, beautiful country. Good luck this evening.

Comment

Good luck

Raining a little here but no snow thank goodness

Comment

Good luck! Should get good!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I know where you are. Good luck out there this evening.

Comment

I hunted yesterday evening. I saw 3 does and the split G2 buck in my long food plot. I also saw a little forked horn buck that came out of a different bedding area and headed straight for the food plots. I also saw 2 other does in the brown soy beans right before dark.

The deer have really started to hit the food plots. It feels great to see the deer using the food plots after all the work it takes to plant new plots. I am planning to expand on the food plots for next year. I probably have only 2 acres planted total.

The split G2 buck fed his way thru the new drainage basin rye food plot and headed out like he was on a mission leaving the 3 does behind.

I hung a stand on one of my little interior food plot on Sunday. The ladder sections were already there. I snuck in there midday and hung a lock-in and lifeline. I know I can kill a deer there but I'm going to have to be extra careful on how I hunt that stand. I included a picture of the stand and the small food plot it overlooks.

I had my cat decoys with me yesterday.[emoji38]

Comment

Dang cat! Haha. Great thread and I always enjoy following along. Good luck.

Comment

Blood-tracking cat! Who would have ever thought?

Comment

Never thought of a cat decoy ! I have a calico, think that would work ?

Comment

Cat may have a 6th sense. Better keep an eye on him. He'll let ya know when a biggun's around.

Comment

I have a cat in one of my areas for two years now. Last week had video of a yote trotting by with said cat hanging out of his mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X