Somerville 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
    4 of them are all together then the last one has wire around it’s head in the middle of a field about 200 yards away. Not sure if they were scared off and couldn’t finish the job. Just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did they get outside the ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
      I’m assuming you were pig hunting...?

No, talking deer hunting. Till Jan. 17 I believe.

Thinking of doing a stalking hunt right through the middle.

Comment

Also, black buck looks dragged out there to me for disposal.

Comment

Somerville 2020/21

Nothing but pigs on camera.
          Last edited by HogStalker; 01-07-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

****!

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
            Nothing but pigs on camera.
            Darn, well that is no bueno....

I thought the hunting pressure surrounding the area would push them inside the woods...

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
              Darn, well that is no bueno....

I thought the hunting pressure surrounding the area would push them inside the woods...

The rest of the area is pretty much done. I was surprised to see you could hunt deer that late in the season on the WMA.

Comment

Me too, was thinking of doing a couple of late stalking hunts across the center line to try and find something!

Figured this weather would be perfect.

Comment

Looks like the Triple Threat Ranch owner is disposing of Blackbucks. Why would a poacher drag the carcasses of that many and leave? Not taking anything? At least come back for them at night if scared off and say you were hunting raccoons or something. Which I think is legal in that unit but would need to read up again. I don't night hunt varmints on public land

Comment

A friend told me he saw 4 axis does At yequa a couple weeks ago.
                    Has anybody been hog hunting?

Comment

might have put a few animals on the ground out there over the years?

Comment

Winter wonderland out there today. Lots of pigs moving through the place.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post

Winter wonderland out there today. Lots of pigs moving through the place.

Idk if I'd call you brave or a idiot lol I'll be out there very soon before the heat waves come in to nose around been a yr since iv stepped foot on that land

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                            Idk if I'd call you brave or a idiot lol I'll be out there very soon before the heat waves come in to nose around been a yr since iv stepped foot on that land

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Neither. I thought it was going to be really cold but ended up shedding layers. It gets pretty warm walking around that place. It’s nice not having to worry about the snakes too.

Comment

Went out a couple weekend ago to get on some pigs. It didn’t take long but it’s so thick there’s no way to range them on the ground unless you get lucky and they run out to a clear spot. Might have to start shooting through the brush. There’s lots of turkeys moving through there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X