Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the end game with this virus....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the end game with this virus....

By canceling everything under the sun for the next month or two does that make the virus disappear? Or is this going to go on forever? Will the human race build up an immunity to it once enough people have had it and recover? Will it then be safe to shake hands and go to ballgames again? I mean what exactly is the plan so normal life can resume?

FYI, my life hasnt changed one bit, nor do I intend for it to. Of course I havent tried making to a grocery store yet!

Probably going to end up like “The Road.”

I need to go to Walmart to get more TP....

Comment

Prob level off like regular flu when it gets warmer and we'll have TP on every shelf in America again.

Comment

It will level off in a couple days and everything will be back to normal. Once people notice that individuals like Tom Hanks and his wife, and a couple basketball players are still alive next week. Its the media that keeps jacking the public up.

Comment

Now this: apparently you can get it a second time!

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
            Now this: apparently you can get it a second time!

https://thehill.com/changing-america...son-reinfected
            So, exposing yourself like our parents did with chicken pox won't work, S***!

Comment

Article posted Feb 27. I haven’t heard anything else about this. If anything, it affirms why the us wanted it’s own testing procedures

Comment

It's been confirmed you can catch it multiple times. Surgeon general said it earlier in the press conference.

Hope y'all are right about it leveling off...wife went shopping & the shelves are bare. HEB is now opening 8am-8pm because people won't let them re-stock.

Wife showed me a vid off FB of some jerk in a U-Haul full of TP selling it on a corner in Pharr. Hope somebody torches it.

Poetic Justice:

Comment

The purpose is to slow the spread so that everyone doesn’t catch it all at the same time and overwhelm the healthcare system.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                    The purpose is to slow the spread so that everyone doesn’t catch it all at the same time and overwhelm the healthcare system.
                    Thank you, Jenn. Seems most TBHers think this is all just an overreaction aimed solely to inconvenience them.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Thank you, Jenn. Seems most TBHers think this is all just an overreaction aimed solely to inconvenience them.

Agree... but unless you work in HC and see this firsthand, you seriously have no idea how easily a hospital, emergency department, clinics, etc can be overwhelmed but the number of sick people with no room to care for them all... 24 hour ED wait times, ICU patients in ventilators IN HALLWAYS with 6,7, 8 patients per nurse... trust me y’all DO NOT want it to get to that point.

Comment

Agree... but unless you work in HC and see this firsthand, you seriously have no idea how easily a hospital, emergency department, clinics, etc can be overwhelmed but the number of sick people with no room to care for them all... 24 hour ED wait times, ICU patients in ventilators IN HALLWAYS with 6,7, 8 patients per nurse... trust me y’all DO NOT want it to get to that point.
                        Agreed. The inconveniences of cancelled events isn't close to worse case scenario.

Comment

Yep. In 6 months when everyone goes "i DiDn'T gEt SiCk"

It'll be a big duhhhhhhhh. It worked.

Comment

People have no idea of our healthcare system or just in time supply system.

My wife is the director of a healthacare facility and we had a very long conversation about that aspect the other night.

My grandmother just passed away last week. She had to stay at an er for a day until they could find her a room in a hospital 38 miles away. This is in the Houston area that has an insane amount of hospitals.

It is crazy, and that is everyday life. A major pandemic would be a sad sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Yep. In 6 months when everyone goes "i DiDn'T gEt SiCk"

It'll be a big duhhhhhhhh. It worked.

It’ll more likely be “it didn’t work because look, a majority of people caught it anyway.” BUT, again, the purpose isn’t to completely stop the spread. That’s not possible. The purpose is to SLOW the spread. Obviously I’m a nurse and I work in trauma administration for a large level 1 trauma center however I am in and out of our emergency department multiple times per day and I fully expect there’s a good chance that I will catch this at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X