Archery Dodgeball/Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Dodgeball/Tag

Ill drop this nugget here since all the bows are stick and string...sans wheels...

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yG9apx1sf08"]Dodgeball Meets Archery In Archery Tag - YouTube[/ame]
    Looks like these guys have a legit operation and committed archery clientele.

Apparently enough notoriety to garner WSJ attention. Pardon the dead end article link...but illustrates point.

Lots of bad form and waving to the queen (as Bob calls it)...but...People are shooting trad for exercise.

Looks darn fun.
    Im game.

Only if we play for keeps.
    CYOB.

Gary

Comment

TBH First Annual Archery Tag Tournament?

Comment

After last season I have some tags left.[emoji83]

Gary

Comment

Looks like they are shooting marshmellows LOL

I bet its a blast.

Comment

Looks like fun!

Comment

Its a lot of fun. We have an archery range west of FTW that does this for kids birthday parties. They have also done this at the TTHA.

Comment

Its a blast. We do this at one of our group camps every year. Don't kid yourself, those jokers can fly and sting! Look forward to that camp every year!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                  TBH First Annual Archery Tag Tournament?
                  That sounds fantastic! It could easily be a whole family event.

Tryouts begin tomorrow Ill be looking for some wily young guns down low and a few HawkeyeGOFs to put in some shielded snipers nests.

Comment

"It's the only sport I can shoot people and they still raugh abou it"

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      "It's the only sport I can shoot people and they still raugh abou it"
                      Thwack.
                      ...ho ho ho
                      ...har har har
                      ...hee hee hee
                      ...rahr rahr rahr
                      ...****it **** ****

Comment

I was curious about draw weight limit on bows used -- seems to be about 25 lbs.

Also, there are rentals of the set-up available.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          I was curious about draw weight limit on bows used -- seems to be about 25 lbs.

Also, there are rentals of the set-up available.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                          I wonder if there is a specific company that has gotten in on the ground floor of this particular sport. Apparently so...
                          archerytag, archery tag,combat archery, bow tag, extreme archery, arrow tag, larp, foam tipped arrows

Look at those wonderful dual shelved long bows.

Comment

That doesn't look to be to bad! Had a friend tell me about something similar several years ago, he said they used "kinda like a tennis ball on the end of the arrows" and I thought, uhhh no thanks dude,I've shot cows with rubber blunts and I ain't tough enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                              I wonder if there is a specific company that has gotten in on the ground floor of this particular sport. Apparently so...

archerytag, archery tag,combat archery, bow tag, extreme archery, arrow tag, larp, foam tipped arrows

Look at those wonderful dual shelved long bows.

First NASP training I ever did was when I did my trainer training. We all team taught our first class.
                              Had two guys from Randolph AFB who were youth programs directors. They were talking about this.
                              That was 4 years ago.
                              To my knowledge, they’ve got that exact program going there for the kids on base.

It looks like a GAS to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X