Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescribed burn

Comment

As others have mentioned, a Pre-Emergent program may be your best bet. Apply twice a year and it will prevent most of all your weeds year-around.

For post-treatment, Celsius WG (https://www.environmentalscience.bay...cts/celsius-wg) is a very good option. It's a professional product that provides a broad spectrum of weed control and it will not harm your lawn if used correctly.

Short Pre-Emergent info video:
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLbOot5pVzI&t="]YouTube[/ame]

-----

A bit longer, but another Pre-Emergent video that goes into more detail:
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xHh_gMIXs&t="]How, What, and When to Apply Pre Emergent to a Lawn for Weed Control - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Timing is key and the pre-emergents are the answer.

Comment

Buy a goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            RMW can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe you need to put pre emergent down in late August to stop the winter weeds. Late February for summer weeds.
            Here further south it’s usually October and February, but also it’s better late than never, crab grass hasn’t come up yet but it’s getting about time. Also in the near future Roundup ready St. Sugustine will be on the market, it’s going to be a huge hit I bet.

Comment

First couple mows of the season will bag it, fertilize and let the grass take over.

Comment

Best time for preeemergent is ASAP.... if you haven’t done it yet, you can still do it and it will prevent new weeds from sprouting. If you have broadleaves, look at Celsius. A good preemergent is prodiamine. This is all assuming a Bermuda grass lawn. Google something called the Bermuda bible. It’s over on thelawnforum.

The chemicals are expensive but can be applied at any temperature and will last for years. The cost per application is very close to if not cheaper than than the big box store stuff.

Comment

I follow Randy Lemons thing but it screwed me this spring somehow. Had tons of stickers in a chunk of the yard I didn’t sod 2 years ago I was hoping would be filled in by now... no idea what happened. I just sprayed a double punch of weed b gone and antrazine. all the weeds are dying but the stickers are already there. Hopefully the St Augustine will fill in this summer and it’ll be nothing but beautiful green. Then start on the crappy part of the backyard this fall.
                  Last edited by Rubberdown; 03-29-2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Lime
                    Fertilizer
                    MSMA
                    Repeat every 3 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appreciate all the help guys!

Just had my leaf blower stolen out of my garage so I’ll replace that and then get to work!

Joy lol

Comment

Still dealing with it... but I sprayed this on mine and it’s working, it’s got 2 4 d in it so it’ll kill most everything except clover. Been a week and it’s looking better, back of the bottle says 3-5 weeks for total kill

Shop IMAGE Nutsedge and Tough Weed Killer RTU 32-oz Hose End Sprayer Lawn Weed Killer at Lowe's.com. The IMAGE 32 oz. Ready-To-Spray Nutsedge Killer is a selective herbicide weed killer that targets sedges and grassy weeds growing in warm-season turf grasses.

Comment

Working...
                        X