40-45LB Youth bow Broadhead to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have or now of a young kid or adult shooting a low poundage bow? I have always used fixed blade broadheads but leaning towards mechanical for a young hunter. What has worked well?

You might want to stick with fixed, cut on contact for low KE. Something like the Magnus Stinger 2 or 4 blade would be my suggestion.

Comment

Three Blade Muzzy.

Comment

My daughter in law shoots a 42lb Mathews Mission launching 75gr Muzzys and she kills stuff out to 30 yds with ease.

Comment

My son has been shooting 85gr Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 4 blades out of his 44# setup with a 25” draw and clean pass through.

Comment

Any fixed blade COC will be best.

Takes the least amount of energy to open the wound channel.

Something like a G5 montec is my preference but have also shot muzzy’s. Shot my 45lb bow tech equalizer for 13 years with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by bowfishin fool; 03-29-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Magnus or steel force

Comment

Magnus Stinger

Comment

I would recommend 2 blade for better penetration, like others I have my young one shooting Stingers.

Comment

no mechanical head, any brand or any size cut, it would be a great way to reach failure quickly...
                    nothing on the market will beat the 2 or 4 blade magnus stinger it is probably the best penetrating head of all,,, extremely accurate and way better than average out of slower or lower poundage bows

Comment

Ramcats would be ideal.

Comment

My son shoots 40 lbs and I have him shooting 100 grain magnus stingers and Nap hell razors.. I sharpen both right out of the package.. they need to be shaving sharp.. the only broadheads I've found that sharp out of the box is Ironwill ..

Comment

When my son was 11 he shot two javelina and two hogs with his Mission bow. Used Thunderhead’s which are fixed blades. By the time he was 13 he was shooting Rage broadheads. Went from 45lb pull to 60lb in those two years. Fixed blade works well for the lower poundages.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post
                            I would recommend 2 blade for better penetration, like others I have my young one shooting Stingers.
                            Agree with a good 2 blade

Comment

Yup, a good 2 blade cut on contact or a 2 blade with bleeders and keep shots close. I personally wouldn't even think about a mechanical or a chisel tip with that setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X