No announcement yet.

Port A suspends fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port Aransas has been over taken by absolute morons. A few days ago a group of residents was trying to get city council to make an ordinance to check ID before you could buy groceries from "their" store. With the intent of only allowing Port A residents to shop at IGA.

so all the people who live in san antonio, austin, houston, etc but have a property in port A...or the people who go down annually and spring thousands of dollars, too bad.. "locals only".

The main point of their idiocy is attempting to regulate areas that they have no jurisdiction over. part of their ban includes "guided trips are allowed, but only for 1-2 people"... the thing is, outside of dock areas or boat ramps, they do not have jurisdiction in the waters. That's state property.

guides are state and federally licensed, fishing on state or federal waters. Port Aransas has no control over this.
    Last edited by kyle1974; 03-27-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I would say this cuts into everything you go to Port A to do! Hopefully it want last long. Big over reaching by the government.

Comment

it's a crazy, panicked herd mentality and a few malicious leaders trying to take advantage of the situation. what better way to practice social distancing than to be in a quiet fishing spot.

Comment

This is the kind of crap that ain't right. Not a chance in hell I'd abide by that.

Comment

The mayor is trying to keep people from coming to the island, but they have 2 confirmed cases from citizens, so actually I think we should quarantine them.....he allowed the spring breakers knowing about this virus, now its there but he wont let people fish from their beach

Comment

The main point of their idiocy is attempting to regulate areas that they have no jurisdiction over. part of their ban includes "guided trips are allowed, but only for 1-2 people"... the thing is, outside of dock areas or boat ramps, they do not have jurisdiction in the waters. That's state property.

guides are state and federally licensed, fishing on state or federal waters. Port Aransas has no control over this.[/QUOTE]

This brings up a point. I assume the mayor only has control of the city beach, so if you go south past the pylons to the county area you are free to fish?

Comment

that's right Port A mayor added to the Nueces county shelter in place. As long as you are out of Port A city limits you can go by what was posted above on post#19

Comment

They can't enforce any rules they impose over areas they do not control. The question is, does the beach & jetty fall under city or state jurisdiction?

Comment

Port A suspends fishing

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    They can't enforce any rules they impose over areas they do not control. The question is, does the beach & jetty fall under city or state jurisdiction?

I think the beach is city. Not sure about the jetties but in order to access the jetties you have to be on the beach at some point.

But since yoga is still allowed maybe people can downward dog over to the jetties then start fishing.

Comment

Well, walking is exercising so if I walk from the beach to the rocks, I'm in compliance...

Comment

Working...
                      X