No announcement yet.

“Massive” flooding in East Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96” water main??!? That’s a big arse pipe! I had a 8” saddle blow out on a 24” main, and that was a ton of water! It took 4+ hours to drain it down to fix it

Comment

All but essential personnel were sent home from all the major hospital systems today due to inability to cleanse and to conserve water, crazy!

Comment

Sylvester Turner said everything's going to be okay

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

That line would be delivering about 4600 gallons/second... Has 376 gallons/foot of pipe, so it's gonna take a while to drain it once flow is shut off!! No wonder lake 610 got so big so quick!

Comment

The Houston excavator told the Dallas demo crew, "here, hold my beer!".

Comment

Dear Lord that is bad

Comment

Prayers for that contractor and thank the Good Lord that excavator didn't have my name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Prayers for that contractor and thank the Good Lord that excavator didn't have my name on it.

How in the name of Zeus’s butthole...do they not know to avoid the EIGHT FOOT WATER LINE, and EXACTLY where it’s at???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    That’s funny!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Anyone checked Lake Houston. Maybe that was the drain plug!

City of Houston uses surface water from lake Houston. New plan they rolled out. They’re starting/started running a 108” water lane from lake Houston parallel to the beltway to a huge water treatment plant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        How in the name of Zeus’s butthole...do they not know to avoid the EIGHT FOOT WATER LINE, and EXACTLY where it’s at???

I don't know many of the details, Dale, but I heard the contractor was actually digging it up because it had a "small" leak and they were trying to find it. Once it was excavated, the small leak blew out. It's not uncommon for that to happen, this just happened to have happen on a 96" line. I do know that waterline is probably almost as old as I am. Very good chance that it was an Asbestos Concrete (AC) pipe product as many lines in the COH from that era are, but I'm just speculating. AC pipe will split joint to joint faster than you can say "dam son"....very strong when buried, but very brittle when exposed.

Now you've got my expert guess, which is exactly that.

Comment

Curt, that pretty much matches the description of what I heard on one of the news reports this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Sylvester Turner said everything's going to be okay

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                            Couldn't have happened on a better day when Bloomterd and Sylvester were kissing each other's asses.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I don't know many of the details, Dale, but I heard the contractor was actually digging it up because it had a "small" leak and they were trying to find it. Once it was excavated, the small leak blew out. It's not uncommon for that to happen, this just happened to have happen on a 96" line. I do know that waterline is probably almost as old as I am. Very good chance that it was an Asbestos Concrete (AC) pipe product as many lines in the COH from that era are, but I'm just speculating. AC pipe will split joint to joint faster than you can say "dam son"....very strong when buried, but very brittle when exposed.

Now you've got my expert guess, which is exactly that.

Actually, I just looked at the public works maps and the line is only 30 years old and is PCCP...Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe....which is a pretty good product in transmission application and not near as brittle as the AC pipe that I mentioned in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                For the win!

Comment

Working...
                                X