Marijuana - Is it still taboo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
    Should be fine if not abused, only issue is that I believe if made legal it would be abused and would affect the workplace and safety in public.
    This is always been, in my opinion, one of the biggest hurdles to legalization. There are a couple companies racing towards production of a machine that will essentially be a breathalyzer for marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
      that's true, you're a wise man
      Just been around here for a very long time. I rarely post but love to watch the entertainment......when I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        Those guys are smart enough to pass all three available test.

Being behind could possibly be from the drunks and script addicts that your company allows you to work alongside each and every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Eh, not worth the risk, IMO. If my company did a company wide sweep, it might just open up a can of worms they aint' ready for.

When I was in the Marines, the number 1 reason for a Marine getting kicked out with a bad conduct discharge (automatically loss of rank and benefits, and good luck finding a job with that type of discharge) was popping for weed. I've known countless Marines that had their careers ruined. Is it that hard?

I used to tell all my Marines that wanna smoke to just wait a couple of years. After your time in service, smoke as much as your lungs can take, just don't do it while serving the country.

As for my job, I make pretty good money. There's no amount or type of weed in the world that worth me losing my livelihood over.

I my case, the pro's don't outweigh the cons.

Comment

What you do at home or preferably on the ranch is your business. But when you then drive impaired, it becomes my business. To me until there is a scientific and legal test for impairment then it should not be legal. They need something that can stand in court for impairment other than a field sobriety test with no breathalyzer or other means of testing in the field. There are studies of 3 states that were first to legalize it and they found a 5.2% increase in traffic accidents in these states as compared to neighboring states without legalized marijuana use. Unfortunately it will be legal soon across the country, so like others here I am in the minority. I worry to that it is just one more step towards legalizing other more powerful drugs.

Comment

I know of some people that are very successful and professionals that do harder drugs than weed. I personally don’t think it’s a big issue. I don’t do it but I don’t smoke cigs or drink either so I don’t know if my opinion matters.

Comment

Originally posted by LennyWayne View Post
              Do you personally feel that marijuana use is now a socially acceptable behavior, and would knowing that someone was using it, change your opinion of the person?

(This question was spawned by a CBD oil post....which got me to thinking about it.)

BTW....I wanted to post the question specifically to the Green Screen, because i feel that we all share many basic common values.
              Originally posted by LennyWayne View Post
              Easy boyz....I am interested in the end result of this thread, so please don't get pissy with each other, and get this thread whacked.

I have learned quite a bit from this specific post, and as long as we remain respectful I am sure that there will be others who will too find it educational.
              First, there is NOTHING 'educational' in this entire thread- nor will there be. You asked for OPINIONS. What have you 'learned' from everyone's responses so far that holds any value in your life? (other than what you could find with a simple google search for yourself)

Second, have you not been around TBH lately to know we are fiercely divided in our self-righteous moral and ethical stances??? Asking people not to get 'pissy' when you must have known EXACTLY what you were going to start with this chit-show of a thread is hilarious to me!! Unless I'm giving you too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                First, there is NOTHING 'educational' in this entire thread- nor will there be. You asked for OPINIONS. What have you 'learned' from everyone's responses so far that holds any value in your life? (other than what you could find with a simple google search for yourself)

Second, have you not been around TBH lately to know we are fiercely divided in our self-righteous moral and ethical stances??? Asking people not to get 'pissy' when you must have known EXACTLY what you were going to start with this chit-show of a thread is hilarious to me!! Unless I'm giving you too much credit.
                Lol, you call this a ****show? I'd get you some bubble wrap but that has chinese air in it and I like you more than that.

Comment

Socially acceptable: Where I live, yes. My parents don’t care about it and my grandparents don’t/didn’t ever care about it.

Change my opinion of someone: No

Obesity costs our country more than drugs, but people would freak out if you told them they couldn’t chug cokes all day.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                    Lol, you call this a ****show? I'd get you some bubble wrap but that has chinese air in it and I like you more than that.
                    Hold your britches- the show is just getting started, but we all know where it is headed!

Comment

Y’all that are buying and using it illegally in Texas is your dealer selling meth, cocaine, heroine and prescription pills?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        I don’t care if you want to use it but you won’t be my friend if you do. FYI I don’t hang with drunks or adulterers either. IMO, the guys that want everyone to smoke it just want to not be alone in what they’re doing.
                        I would think you would, never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHillCoArcher View Post
                          What you do at home or preferably on the ranch is your business. But when you then drive impaired, it becomes my business. To me until there is a scientific and legal test for impairment then it should not be legal. They need something that can stand in court for impairment other than a field sobriety test with no breathalyzer or other means of testing in the field. There are studies of 3 states that were first to legalize it and they found a 5.2% increase in traffic accidents in these states as compared to neighboring states without legalized marijuana use. Unfortunately it will be legal soon across the country, so like others here I am in the minority. I worry to that it is just one more step towards legalizing other more powerful drugs.
                          This is my biggest issue with it. There is no way to test for it

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            Socially acceptable: Where I live, yes. My parents don’t care about it and my grandparents don’t/didn’t ever care about it.

Change my opinion of someone: No

Obesity costs our country more than drugs, but people would freak out if you told them they couldn’t chug cokes all day.
                            And if weed is legalized nationwide, the obesity numbers are going to skyrocket due to all of the munchies.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              Y’all that are buying and using it illegally in Texas is your dealer selling meth, cocaine, heroine and prescription pills?

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                                I don't smoke it. I've got friends that do. I'm not cutting people out of my life that are true friends because they smoke weed.

I wouldn't/won't hire anyone that smokes it. Some people can smoke and handle their business. Some can't. But in my experience, there is a higher level of issues that I don't care to have in an employee with those who smoke regularly. I don't care if I have a friend that has some of those issues. But it is hard enough to find good employees.
                                Do you hire those that drink ? That may be the reason your having a hard time finding good employees.

Comment

Working...
                                X