Buying from gun shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying from gun shows

Thoughts on buying complete uppers from vendors at the these gun shows? Anyone ever buy one? I usually hit up one of bigger gun shows here and i see them selling uppers all the time some from different mfg. But i also see some that vendors have sitting on the tables, of course i ask all the right questions on parts used, who makes this and that prices are reasonable but still little skeptical.

Look at Palmetto State Armory...these guys make good stuff for the $$$ & you know what you are getting.

Comment

Yeah been waiting. Im on their notify list for 6.5 upper when they come back in stock.

Comment

Midway's Ar Stoner brand has proven to be pretty decent to me. I have a 458 socom and a plain Jane 5.56 upper front them with zero issues.

Comment

Primary Arms in South Houston (and a huge web presence) is another good source with great pricing.

Comment

Yes im aware of all these places but what about the ones at guns shows

Comment

Alot of em have built so many that i would think they know what they are doing. I would imagine if it didnt function properly they would make it right. Most of em are good ol people just trying to make a dollar. I had a few customers on an old delivery route of mine that worked gun shows, they were all great people and i still call em from time to time to see how they are doing. Make sure you get a business card from where/ who u purchased it from. Ask if it doesnt function will they help you to make it right?

Comment

They're probably okay. But if you ever decide to sell it good luck. Name brand stuff has at least some resale value.

Comment

I bought one at a Dallas gun show. Like $189 for a 300 BO by BCA. It shot supersonic fine, subsonic was a no go. I didn't buy it for subsonic anyway. Talked to him a month later or so at the next gun show and he gave me a JP spring kit for the triggers.

It has run fine since I've had it............about year and a half.

Comment

I look at it like this. Would you buy a trailer from a hobby welder?

That's a ton of liability to leave in the hands of a guy you might see once a year.

If you build it and screw it up that's a risk you took. I've seen to many AR bananas at the range to trust mine or my family's face or hands on a cheap part.

Comment

AR-platform rifles and pistols are easy enough to build.
                      If you have any doubts, build one yourself and the quality control is in your hands.
                      But be careful. It is Lego for men. Very addictive hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                        I bought one at a Dallas gun show. Like $189 for a 300 BO by BCA. It shot supersonic fine, subsonic was a no go. I didn't buy it for subsonic anyway. Talked to him a month later or so at the next gun show and he gave me a JP spring kit for the triggers.

It has run fine since I've had it............about year and a half.
                        Do know the name of the vendor?

Comment

I second PSA. I am a gun snob so I have been told. I was hesitant to buy from them. But their stuff for the price is really good

Comment

Working...
                          X