Mac Haik Chevrolet - Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Haik Chevrolet - Houston

Are there any TBH'ers that have dealt with them. I am looking at a vehicle through them and was wondering if they were good to deal with?

Also, would you purchase a suburban with close to 100k miles on it? I have always heard that 100k miles is way to high to purchase a vehicle but now, I'm not so sure. Any advice from car gurus would be very helpful! TIA!

Comment

I have only dealt with their service department, with a Ford. They did recall work quickly, and did a great job. That said, right now I am trying to get the price for some work on my truck and no one will get back to me. So I realize this is no help, sorry.

As far as mileage, depends on the year and how it was treated. I would ask an independent mechanic you trust to look at it, and Google common problems with _(Insert year)_ Suburban with XYZ package. Vehicles these days will go 300k no problem if treated right.

Comment

I know nothing about the dealer, but if the price is right, I wouldn’t be scared of 100K depending on what I was gonna use it for. Just bought my grandkid a 2014 with 180K on it. The price was RIGHT !

Comment

What does " good to deal with " mean?

Comment

Just looking to make an easy deal with a good price on my trade in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
              Just looking to make an easy deal with a good price on my trade in.

Have you researched the value of the vehicle you're interested in, as well as the value of your trade-in?

Comment

I have had many suburbans over the years with little to no problems. We put 250000 on them then buy another one. So 100k should be no big deal.

Comment

Look out for hidden costs. I was looking at an expedition and they advertised ford discount of $10,000 and Mac Haik discount of $6,000 off and gave me a price of the vehicle just on a regular piece of notebook paper which I thought was kinda strange. Went to my local ford dealer I've bought from for years and I told them they had Mac Haik had $16,000 off. He said their are some hidden cost they are not showing you. I then priced a vehicle that was a couple of $100 dollars higher than the Mac Haik vehicle and my local guy gave me a deal that was a several $100 dollars lower than the Mac Haik price. Just make sure you get a price sheet with tax, title, license and all fees if you buy from them. Hidden fees? there was something they must have added. Sometimes they try to add the tax on the new vehicle before the trade in if you have a trade in. Good luck on your purchase. Shop around and get several prices from dealers and look at discounts.

Comment

Be careful with the AFM motors. They like to burn oil. My dad’s 08 blew up at 160k because of this. He basically had to sell the truck for scrap prices

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x fan View Post
                      Be careful with the AFM motors. They like to burn oil. My dad’s 08 blew up at 160k because of this. He basically had to sell the truck for scrap prices

My 13’ did something similar... got lucky and got $7500 as a trade..

Comment

I know it’s not Chevrolet but I have bought two trucks from Mak Haik Ford on the west side of Houston and they gave me the best deal on two of my last three trucks out of all the dealers in this area.

The worst dealership I have dealt with and won’t give them a penny is Autonation Ford in Katy.

Comment

Only Mac haik dealings is bought a Z28 camaro from them and they put motor oil in my transmission and it blew out on 59S
                          I bought a suburban from BECK MASTON with “ higher “ mileage and it to had transmission problems, and they finally replaced the transmission with a crate Tran after much hassle, so I try to stick with 50k or less miles on pre owned

I don’t really worry about the engine mileage , but always enter a car deal on transmission replacement and cost
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-07-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                            Also, would you purchase a suburban with close to 100k miles on it? I have always heard that 100k miles is way to high to purchase a vehicle but now, I'm not so sure. Any advice from car gurus would be very helpful! TIA!
                            I bought a truck from them years ago and had a good experience. They were a no haggle dealership then. The price was the price.

The suburban really depends on the deal and what you're going to use it for.
                            If its priced right and its gonna be your run around town / near Houston area vehicle I would say go for it.

Comment

When I was in the market for a new Trail Boss Silverado last summer I found that Mac Haik had the best prices by a few thousand. Then, I found out why. Another dealer told me to ask if the truck had ever had hail damage. The big hailstorm in mid 2019 in West Houston hit them hard. When I asked MH, they confirmed it had been damaged but that it had been repaired and would not show up on a Carfax. That sounded fishy to me but the fact that they didn't disclose it to me during negotiations made me realize the kind of integrity they have. What else would they hide? Per the other dealer, MH was getting people all the way to closing then slipping in a Hail Damage Waiver to sign and hoping by then you would just sign it.

I have posted about it here before but I went on to Autonation Chevy Gulf Freeway on 45 and got a deal no one could match plus bedliner and tint thrown in on a new undamaged truck. I highly recommend that dealership and I would go there again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X