Scotch Drinkers, got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotch Drinkers, got a ?

Never drank Scotch but thought abut tryng it. Suggstions on a decent Scotch to start with or try.

Glenfiddach, The Macallan, Cardhu, Highland Park Viking 12 yo. All easy to drink and around $40 or under.

Comment

Balvenie

Comment

Macallan 12 year or, for a less expensive option, Glenmorangie.

Comment

And unless you like really smokey drinks, avoid the scotch's made on Islay.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            Balvenie

X2, double wood preferably.

Comment

OK, thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

Now how do most people drink Scotch, neat or on the rocks?

Comment

Macallen 12 is good mid priced that ain’t more than you can appreciate or make you smell like a campfire

Comment

Doug,

Come by and see me at 4ore golf. I will take you to the Loft upstairs. We have multiple choices at all costs. I can get you pointed towards something you will like. I might point you at the bourbons and or whiskeys that you might like as well or better also.

Comment

You can always add to it... but can’t take it out.

Start neat. Ice is a preference thing, but inhibits flavor.
                    Water (by the drop) can greatly effect scotch. Sometimes for the better... sometimes for the worse

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                      Doug,

Come by and see me at 4ore golf. I will take you to the Loft upstairs. We have multiple choices at all costs. I can get you pointed towards something you will like. I might point you at the bourbons and or whiskeys that you might like as well or better also.
                      There ya go, good way to get started is by sampling. Maybe they will offer you a flight so, you can try different brands out.

Low Fence is right. You can add but not remove. Once you find a way you like it, drink it like that and enjoy. You'll find there are some you'll like neat, on the rocks and with a couple of drops of water. Try out as much as you want, responsibly of course, and enjoy the journey. If you're able to taste Nikka Coffey Malt, no it doesn't taste like coffee, give it a go. It's a great pour. It's also Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        OK, thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

Now how do most people drink Scotch, neat or on the rocks?
                        In a narrow mouthed glass...a glass that pushes the fumes up your nose. And don't toss it like a shot. Chew it. Then you can taste the cask flavors and really get out of it what the distillers designed it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                          In a narrow mouthed glass...a glass that pushes the fumes up your nose. And don't toss it like a shot. Chew it. Then you can taste the cask flavors and really get out of it what the distillers designed it to be.

Well looks like I have been doing it all wrong....I have sipped in a lowball glass usually with a good cigar.

Comment

Whiskey Bars are becoming quite popular. Do you have one in your area?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              You can always add to it... but can’t take it out.

Start neat. Ice is a preference thing, but inhibits flavor.
                              Water (by the drop) can greatly effect scotch. Sometimes for the better... sometimes for the worse

Adding gasoline to it... Has the same effect.....

Comment

Working...
                              X