Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to hit the surf with me Friday AM East of Surfside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at the surf cams and the water is just about black out there.... Think I should go?

Comment

Regardless of clarity I'm gonna be out there. The fish will be there either way. Ever fish the surf in Sargent? if its dirty throw a little louder topwater or something that has a lot of action. I have a feeling tomorrow morning is gonna be game time.

Comment

I usually fish Sargent because its about 20 minutes from my house. Usually do good. I fished yesterday evening and it was rough and dirty. Didn't get a blowup or a hit. I may try in the morning.

Comment

You won't catch anything if you don't go. I'm heading out for freshwater as we speak.

Comment

Headed to Galveston now.

Comment

Good luck post pics of catch

Comment

Go down by the jetties off that side street with all the houses and wade off the rock wall, it will be cleaner water over there.....I've tore em up down there

Comment

Yall keep it real for all the desk jockies this morning.......we need pics. How about a sunrise shot to get us all going?

Flags where hanging straight down in Bay City @ 5:30 this morning

Comment

Wish I was there...good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                      Yall keep it real for all the desk jockies this morning.......we need pics. How about a sunrise shot to get us all going?

Flags where hanging straight down in Bay City @ 5:30 this morning
                      Matty surf is rough. Got a slight north breeze blowing in Surfside this morning but not sure what the water looks like. It was nasty yesterday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Matty surf is rough. Got a slight north breeze blowing in Surfside this morning but not sure what the water looks like. It was nasty yesterday evening.
                        It's still nasty looking water in Surfside. The surf has really laid down today, but the seaweed is coming in thick. I can see patched a mile out that look about like the one we ran up on last week.

Comment

Good luck !! a bad day fishing is better than a good day workin'

Comment

Yea, I didn't think the clarity would be there. I like throwing along weed beds that are rolling in. That weed holds tons of those little bitty shrimp so game fish are underneath them. I hope someone found some decent water to fish along the surf this morning.

Comment

Threw croaker, live shrimp, topwaters and plastics. Managed one bug gaftop and some hardheads. You called it right Johnny, it was chocolate milk and the surf was not flat. Oh well, still better than sweating my butt off at work.

Comment

Will tomorrow be any better?

Comment

Working...
                                X