No announcement yet.

Bad sausage from processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the way people will dog pile over one bad review, one less than stellar trip out of multiple isn’t worth their business taking a hit. Nobody bats 1.000 every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      Exactly . Never understood the point of hiding names of bad hunting outfits , guides , processors. Give people your one side of the story
      FIFY

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
        I definitely wasn’t going to pull a Karen and post their name all over the interwebs. Stuff happens.
        Hey dude you’re in my area please let us know the processor I don’t want to suffer the sameor take my friends, clients meat to a shady business
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-29-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

What’s the other side of the story ?! They were tired that day and put bad meat in your sausage ?

They had a hurt finger that day and didn’t pick all the bones out?

Smh lmao

Comment

I want call any names but there is one that cost me a whole deer one time. Located just north of Ft Worth. Made the whole deer into something else I didn't order. Mixing your meat with other people's meat ain't cool or ethical either. JMO.

Comment

I think I would take back a package or two and let them look at it. They may have had several other complaints and realize they had a problem. They may make good on it. If not I would move on and not use them again.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Mixing your meat with other people's meat ain't cool or ethical either. JMO.
                All of them are doing this. Most people believe they are only grinding their 10 pounds, that’s not efficient. I know we will have the ones that say their processor does not mix meat.

Comment

Did you supply the deer only ? Or also the pork?
                  Tough to get bad product, bad service or even bad reviews but if all avenues are explored you will have a better idea how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                    All of them are doing this. Most people believe they are only grinding their 10 pounds, that’s not efficient. I know we will have the ones that say their processor does not mix meat.
                    Best reason in the world to roll your own. Know what you are getting
                    Once burned I never forget -------------or forgive

Comment

I'd let them know. I know if taken out of smokehouse and left stacked up, even in the freezer it can sour. I always try to put all around the freezer so they cool down fast. I've had it happen when was a big batch and stacked in ice chest before wrapping. Now I make sure to lay out and let cool down fast.

Comment

If not said already maybe take them a package and have them open it.

Comment

If I wasn't willing to post names to give us a warning to not use them, I wouldn't post anything on here. But they should be given a chance to make it right first. My 2 cents and I don't need any change.

Comment

Call them and let them know. I had a similar situation at a well known processor. I took the sausage back and they agreed it was bad. The owner said he had a couple does that he shot that he would use to replace. The new batch was really good just like always.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                              I'd let them know. I know if taken out of smokehouse and left stacked up, even in the freezer it can sour. I always try to put all around the freezer so they cool down fast. I've had it happen when was a big batch and stacked in ice chest before wrapping. Now I make sure to lay out and let cool down fast.
                              I have had the same thing happen
                              Killed some nilgai and didn’t have room to spread them out in a walk in freezer and they didn’t freeze ( didn’t sour , but didn’t freeze and would have soured if not noticed)

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                                What’s the other side of the story ?! They were tired that day and put bad meat in your sausage ?

They had a hurt finger that day and didn’t pick all the bones out?

Smh lmao
                                We don't know. Maybe they forgot to put in seasoning. Maybe if given the chance, the owner will give him all his money back and double the amount of meat; and take him on a expensive guided hunt as a way to say his sorry. Will never know if he just post up a knee jerk negative review.

Comment

Working...
                                X