Twitter and Youtube Ratcheting It Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter and Youtube Ratcheting It Up

Anyone watching this unfold? Are they opening themselves up to be open to liable now and should be considered a publisher instead of a platform?

They are absolutely publishers and the Internet in general should be considered a public utility.

THEY, should be broken up/regulated just like they did Ma Bell imho.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      They are absolutely publishers and the Internet in general should be considered a public utility.

THEY, should be broken up/regulated just like they did Ma Bell imho.
      I think we're the closest we've been yet to that happening. Students sent home to do their schooling, over the internet, has pushed the Internet well past the discussion of it it's a utility or not.

Comment

Rush was discussing that today. Breaking up corporations during the "Robber Baron" days did not change final outcome (who pocketed the dollars) but it dang sure made a lot of working class folks happy to WIN against the rich evil corporate titans. It will be interesting to see how it falls out.

Comment

I couldn't believe Twitter did this. It opened up an incredible can of worms for them that surely they had to understand before making the decision.

They are putting themselves in a position where they will have to be able to prove equal standards of fact checking for every individual tweet. That will have to apply to media outlets as well. That is an incredibly onerous responsibility.

I don't see how this ends well for Twitter. Nor should it, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
            I couldn't believe Twitter did this. It opened up an incredible can of worms for them that surely they had to understand before making the decision.

They are putting themselves in a position where they will have to be able to prove equal standards of fact checking for every individual tweet. That will have to apply to media outlets as well. That is an incredibly onerous responsibility.

I don't see how this ends well for Twitter. Nor should it, IMO.
            You are probably right. We are 56 thus don't use Twitter, Instagram and would not have FB if our business account had not required a personal account. It was incredibly interesting that Rush considered twitter users as "losers", "folks in their parents basement in underwear", "people who don't get any attention in life", etc, etc, etc! I guess I am glad I ain't got an account as they sound like some trashy adults!

Comment

Finally

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media censorship amid rapidly intensifying political bias from the Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe.

Comment

Im still trying to ponder it all. is it possible that Jack (creator of twitter) while good at app creations and himself a liberal, is not as good as managing people and has lost control of his company? The fact checker now for Twitter himself has posted about the most bias stuff there is out there. Hijacked company?

Comment

Wait for it...Trump only doing that so he can rig the election

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Anyone watching this unfold? Are they opening themselves up to be open to liable now and should be considered a publisher instead of a platform?
                    100%. When they start “fact checking”, demonetizing arbitrarily, and removing content, they are absolutely publishers. Change is coming on that front. MAGA!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      100%. When they start “fact checking”, demonetizing arbitrarily, and removing content, they are absolutely publishers. Change is coming on that front. MAGA!
                      Agreed! Need to check this morning but Trump had mentioned about signing an executive order or something with regards to big tec. Not sure it is directly involoved with Twitter or the YT though

Comment

So, what if these companies decide to move headquarters to another country? Does US gov't still get to regulate what they can or can't do? Or is gov't able to restrict US citizens from using them?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                          So, what if these companies decide to move headquarters to another country? Does US gov't still get to regulate what they can or can't do? Or is gov't able to restrict US citizens from using them?
                          See Google and China

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                            TikTok says hello

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              See Google and China
                              Yep,
                              These companies bend over backwards to please the chicoms and you would think the land of the free And free speech that made them all billionaires would Mean something......but it don’t mean ****. They are communist sympathizers one and all and should be treated as such

Comment

Working...
                              X