Gunwerks Going Under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at the link M16 posted

Hope with those prices the guns come with a crew to tote it, load it, haul your kill out and a timeshare on a Gulfstream to get you there

The up side for GW is they don't have to sell as much volume to get out of their pit

Comment

I hope they survive too. It may have sounded like it but I'm really not bashing them. It just seems with the popularity of custom rifles in the last few years, a lot of people are going that route and getting a gun that shoots as good or better for less money. Hard for a company like gunwerks to compete with that I would think.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
        One thing to note. A lot of their rifles you can customize cheaper. Most of the time the $10k price you see usually has a nice optic included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Its still a 7-9k bare rifle lol....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Its still a 7-9k bare rifle lol....
          In line with a proof rifle on price.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
            In line with a proof rifle on price.
            Does proof have some options 5k and below?

Comment

Yes.

Yes you can build an equal or better rifle for FAR less than GW. They cater to the “I want it now, and I want it ready to shoot now” crowd. People pay a premium for that. Their rifles are high quality. They are very accurate. The only thing they’ve done wrong is not handle their money correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Yes.

Yes you can build an equal or better rifle for FAR less than GW. They cater to the “I want it now, and I want it ready to shoot now” crowd. People pay a premium for that. Their rifles are high quality. They are very accurate. The only thing they’ve done wrong is not handle their money correctly.
                GW no doubt make really nice rifles, I have have been around a number of them up here out in the field. What I see the problem as from what I know is that they are catering to a niche market that a lot of other custom gun makers are catering to as well. There are a finite number of customers that are going to pay $10k plus for a rifle, let alone multiple rifle from them. What that number is I have no idea but I can count on less than one hand the guys I know who can not only play in that arena but are also willing to do so.

I have a hard time believing they can make and sell enough guns to support their big new building and all the overhead they have. I am not sure it is a sustainable business model the way is stands today. It may be a problem of trying to get too big for the market.

They have spent a fortune on marketing and promotion, which includes their TV show showcasing hunts around the world. That is not inexpensive to produce.

I don't' think the full story here has yet to play out but what I hope is they can pull in their horns, pay their debt obligations and continue as a viable business.

Comment

Kinda sad to see Gunwerks and Montana Rifle Company (i know different markets) closed up.

Comment

What is GA?

Comment

It’s not their rifle sales that got them in a bind, it was their wholesale parts expansion that got them in a bind. Making actions, stocks, bottom metal etc for custom makers that got them.

Sucks I think they entered that market to late.

Will always be a market for guys that want a complete turn key system. Change/adjust environmental inputs And rock and roll. For some people that time cost more then outsourcing it

Lots of guys don’t want to reload and work up ammo, and then go map it out. To those that want to tinker cool, no need to mock those that don’t.
                      Last edited by Texans42; 05-22-2020, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        What is GA?
                        GA Precision. Stands for gnats ***. They are the real deal

Comment

Probably most people and businesses have mismanaged finances at some point. Part of the community, sad to see that happen. The prices are most certainly high. Good luck to them and their staff.

BTW - I love my GA rifles and feel as if the prices were very fair and they offer a personal touch. Friendly staff and crazy knowledgeable.

Comment

Aaron Davidson, owner of the high-end custom rifle manufacturing company Gunwerks, said a lawsuit filed by banking giant Wells Fargo against his company on May 20 contained wrong information which spurred erroneous reports about the company’s financial health.

Y’all may want to read that

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Sad that an obviously one sided article gets everyone to riled up. Two sides to every story.

I've always liked what Aaron has done for the industry. I don't own any of their guns but have shot a few and have always been impressed.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Suppose to say doesn’t*

Believe they have a line up at 5k and another mid 3’s

Comment

Working...
                                X