Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People with jobs striking in New York and other states.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
    Herein lies the problem. Stop giving away money, let them get hungry, and they will go to work.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
      fire

them

all!

this

right

here!!!!!!

Comment

They will be scrambling for jobs when the green dries up. Stopped at a young friends house today to drop off some baby raccoons, asked him if he was working..."hell no' was his response, I have a wife and 2 kids and I make double staying home right now. The incentive to go back is not there, that is for sure.

Comment

Only Libertard sheeple would be striking under the current state of affairs.

Frigging idiots!

Comment

Ironically, if no one wants to take the jobs that are offered, these striking workers are in the driver's seat! I'm grateful that my work has continued at a distance and I don't HAVE to take any major risks to keep working. I'd be frustrated if my employer didn't do their best to keep me safe from infection. Mine does, so I'm thankful. I guess it motivates me to bless and serve my employees because people are my most valuable resource.

Comment

Here's the article, if anyone wants to read it

Comment

Government is paying folks $600 per week to stay home. People at the bottom tier won't go back until that ends.

I keep shaking my head at all these "stimulus plans". Haven't seen a dime and won't. Would love to go back to work and can't.

5 Trillion spent so far and probably double that lost by businesses that want to be open and folks that want to go to work. Exactly how much is 5 trillion dollars divided by 300 million people?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Link not working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                    Government is paying folks $600 per week to stay home. People at the bottom tier won't go back until that ends.

I keep shaking my head at all these "stimulus plans". Haven't seen a dime and won't. Would love to go back to work and can't.

5 Trillion spent so far and probably double that lost by businesses that want to be open and folks that want to go to work. Exactly how much is 5 trillion dollars divided by 300 million people?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                    little over 16k per citizen.
                    I bet that paid in one single check would get folks out spending and back to work.

Comment

Wish I could go back to work in full capacity. Must be nice!

Comment

Call these strikes if you like. After reading the article I noticed most were non represented type workers. Nothing more than a money grab and demonstrations. Most are hoping they get fired so they can challenge the firing while applying for unemployment. They are jealous because friends and family are making double sitting home. If they are union and it is deemed an illegal strike they can be replaced. If essential the president can force their *** back to work. I see this as a bunch of unskilled labor wanting skilled labor wages and benefits. For that... go out and get the schooling and training the rest of us that have it had to do. You don’t have much bargaining power when you are a burger flipper. The media is also instigating a lot of this. I am a union worker in a refinery. We have been going to work and putting ourselves at risk just like other workers are. We are trying our best to limit exposure and follow CDC guidelines. Like I told everyone at work from the very beginning... be glad you are still working full-time. And, no one is holding a gun to your head making you show up. No beatching allowed this time around. So far so good going on two months.

Comment

I don't understand.
                          Bob has to close shop for a period of time, and in turn has to furlough Randy.
                          Randy applies for, and gets unemployment + fed stimulus.
                          Bob re-opens, and calls Randy back...Randy declines.
                          Is there not an obligation/procedure for reporting the re-opening of said shop, informing
                          the unemployment personnel that Randy has turned down the opportunity to return to work? Benefits would get canceled!

Comment

From my understanding is once your job is offered back(laid off or furloughed during this virus)he is obligated to return to work and get off unemployment. I asked the same question. Of course there is the usual red tape to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              Herein lies the problem. Stop giving away money, let them get hungry, and they will go to work.
                              Yep^^^^^
                              We work 10 days a month, these days we do not run priority 2 calls ( non emergency) and I have to deal with guys bitching about doing their job.
                              Might have to get off the couch 20 or 30 times a month

Comment

I read an article earlier today where the treasury secretary said if you turned down a recall to work, your unemployment would stop. I cannot find it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X