Getting a newborn to sleep/burp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a newborn to sleep/burp

Let’s hear your best tips, TBH. Please....

Our first boy was great. Slept in 4-hour stretches from 2 weeks old and through the night at 2 months. Our second boy is a month old now and won’t sleep more than 60/90 minutes, day or night. All night he tends to sleep for an hour and cry for an hour, back and forth all night long. He’s driving his mom and dad nuts...

Our daughter was like that and ended up she had silent reflux. She never spit up so we didn’t know she was having it. At an angle she’d sleep fine so she slept in her rock n okay for a while and the ped gave her acid reflux meds. At about 8mo it just stopped. Once she was on the acid reflux stuff she would sleep 9-12hrs

Comment

That's why they have mother's.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. Our son is just getting over that, he's 9 months. At a month old, he needs to be fed when he needs to be fed. I would wait until 2 or 3 months to start trying different things.

I felt your pain about 7 months ago. It sucks but will be gone before you know it.

Comment

Our first son was rough. Same thing with only sleeping for an hour. It got to where we dreaded the night time. We never figured it out. It got better around 10 months. Second and third kids were easy as it gets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Try giving him some gripe water if you aren't already. It helped my son alot.

Comment

Try gripe water and whiskey. Kidding about the whiskey part or am I???

My daughter slept great, the boy didn’t sleep for over the first year. It was difficult but we survived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter was like that. My wife tried changing her own diet when breast feeding then we rolled through multiple formulas but until we finally saw a gastrologist at TCH and they got her on medicine for the acid reflux she never slept well.

Comment

Our son had a hard time sleeping for more than a few hours at a time. My wife read a book that explained he could be over tired because we put him to bed too late. Started laying him down earlier and earlier, 6:30 was the perfect time. He slept right through the night. Good luck!

Comment

if he is havind acid reflux you can buy special formula (it is expensive) that could help him sleep better but you would have to talk to your pediatrician about that.

Comment

Truly I would inquire with your pediatrician about reflux of some sort. It doesn’t sound like his body is letting him stay asleep. My first was like you described - sleep intermittently and his stomach wouldn’t settle.

Comment

In today’s world with medical technology and all the advances I would also recommend seeing her physician. Congrats on the new addition to your family. It’s refreshing to see a thread on real life happening and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                          Our son had a hard time sleeping for more than a few hours at a time. My wife read a book that explained he could be over tired because we put him to bed too late. Started laying him down earlier and earlier, 6:30 was the perfect time. He slept right through the night. Good luck!
                          This was the key for us as well.

Comment

I'd look into the reflux. My son slept amazing until my wife was going through post partum and I had to start buying formula, I had to try a few to find something that sat well with him.

Comment

Feed him, change him, then let him cry. It absolutely works but is really tough on mom and dad. Seriously, it is a real strategy called, cry it out. If the sleepless nights persist for an extend period of time after trying this strategy, I agree with TPS7742, that you may want to seek medical advice. But, read up on cry it out, it worked for ours when they were young, but every kid is different.

Comment

Working...
                              X