No announcement yet.

Cara Cara in Van Zandt co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a pair of them a week ago, just outside Weatherford in Parker County.

Comment

Spotted a pair at our old place near Eliasville on the river. Young county

Comment

They seem to be taking over Mercedes as well, I never saw them here years back, everywhere on the farm now

Comment

Saw one yesterday in northern Hopkins county

Comment

See them all the time in Leon County

Comment

I saw a pair last week at my VZC property.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                I live in Pearland just south of Houston and we have had regulars in our area for 2 years. I put my meat scraps out and at least 1 comes everyday to see what we put out. I have a game trail camera with many pictures, three at a time sometimes. We love watching them.

Are you close to clover field airport?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Have seen several in Ellis county this year

Comment

Have them in central Menard County.

Comment

See them often in Henderson County.

Comment

See them in Anderson county as well

Comment

It's something how they have came north. Witnessed whitewings here in town increasing to the dominant dove also. Makes one wonder why? Like the black buzzards. My cousin who was a cattleman, then dairyman called them mexican buzzards back in the mid 70's, and said they were more aggressive with newborn calves that turkey buzzards. Until then, i hadnt even noticed 2 different kinds.
                          Last edited by double bogey; 04-19-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Leaving the house on the way to Canton this morning I pointed one out to my wife. She seemed unimpressed by my bird knowledge.....

-john

Comment

Seen lots of them up in the panhandle north of Dumas. They followed us around when we were shooting P-dogs cleaning up the leftovers. Cool birds and smart too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                                I was shredding a pasture a few weeks ago in Coryell County. As usual, all the hawks were gathering around for a meal like it’s a McDonalds. Lo and behold, I saw a Cara Cara in the mix. First one I have seen this far north.
                                Had 31 of them feeding on the baby quail the last day I was shredding a pasture, just north of McFaddin TX. The hawks would grab a rat and then fly off, the Cara Caras would step out of the way to let a rat pass by waiting on a baby quail. Never again will I shred a pasture where I finish up in the middle of a freshly shredded pasture. I work it where I end up next to a brush line so the quail can escape.

Comment

Working...
                                X