No announcement yet.

SUV vs Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have an Excursion and I really miss it for hunting trips both to the lease and especially out of state trips. Always toted a hitch haul for a large ice chest or bloody animals, but I also had an F 250 that I worked out of. Now that I'm retired, I went to a half ton with a Leer topper. If I have to haul something bulky, I just pull my 12' trailer. Sold the Excursion to buy an F 350 to move my farm tractor, but I still miss it. Best traveling vehicle I ever owned, but the F 150 with the topper is a fair substitute. If I'm not hunting deer, antelope, exotics, or hogs, I'm doing something on the lease or other property I hunt, and I carry lots of "stuff" every day that you just can't leave in the open bed of a truck.

Comment

VS pickup with a campershell

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        I used to have an Excursion and I really miss it for hunting trips both to the lease and especially out of state trips. Always toted a hitch haul for a large ice chest or bloody animals, but I also had an F 250 that I worked out of. Now that I'm retired, I went to a half ton with a Leer topper. If I have to haul something bulky, I just pull my 12' trailer. Sold the Excursion to buy an F 350 to move my farm tractor, but I still miss it. Best traveling vehicle I ever owned, but the F 150 with the topper is a fair substitute. If I'm not hunting deer, antelope, exotics, or hogs, I'm doing something on the lease or other property I hunt, and I carry lots of "stuff" every day that you just can't leave in the open bed of a truck.
        Or in the open back of a SUV... That's one of the primary reasons I went with the tonneau cover... And for 4 people, there's no comparison of passenger room between a F series Ford and ANY SUV... (except for maybe the old Excursions. Dang shame Ford quit making those. I'd probably have one.)

Comment

Wanted a truck, but went with an Expedition since we'd be taking many trips with my in-laws. FIL (may he RIP) had Parkinsons and needed a wheelchair and walker with him on the trips, and I didn't want to worry about all of that stuff getting wet. Having the extra 3rd row is handy, although I leave it folded down flat 95% of the time. Plenty of room back there most of the time.
          Thinking about getting an F-150 crew cab, though. Those bed covers or toppers sound like the way to go, too.

Comment

I have had both as daily drivers (SUV only a few years but trucks since 1975) and now the wife has a company Explorer and I have an F150 Super Crew and I will take my truck every time because to me, the ride is better in my truck even though the gas mileage is double in the Explorer compared what I get in my truck.

Honestly, I wish I had a 3/4 tone with the long bed rather than the basically no bed truck I have now. I would tear up the rear of the Explorer with the stuff I would put in it. I even have a 16' flatbed and a trailer to haul my 4 wheeler, but would still take the truck. Just my opinion

Comment

Toll you what. We rented a Trd pro 4 runner in Colorado in January. I really like it!! I could see getting out of my tacoma for one but then again I only drive my taco 1 or 2 days a week. I have a tahoe for work and liked the 4 runner much better

Momma and I drove it all over and made our 16 year old jealous. He wants a 4 runner bad

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X