Friends For Life Disney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends For Life Disney

Curious if anyone here would be going to the friends for life children with diabetes conference at Disney world in July? We have never been and just got an email about it, our daughter is 5 with type 1 diabetes and we are very excited about this possibility for her. If anyone has any experience with this I’d love to hear about it!

I do not, by the grace of God, have any experience with the conference. But if Disney does it, it will be unbelievable. God bless you and your family and may the grace of the Lord heal your child.

Comment

Hey Smoore,
      Not going, but I just want to encourage you a bit. I'm now 57. I was diagnosed with Type1 when I was 5 as well. Mom and dad did their best to treat me as any other kid within reason. I feel like I've not been denied anything in life, other than I would like to have served in the military. Paramedic before I graduated HS, state in USTA tennis league, wife of 35 years with 3 kids, etc. Get your sweet child involved in as much as possible without making her feel too different/special. Good luck, you'll do great!

Comment

Working...
      X