The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Have you had their Rendezvous Rye? Wonder which is the better one. Can get either but noticed the Rendezvous was double price at $65
    Rendezvous last night. It’s good. More Rye spice versus the Double. Both have a great finish. The Rendezvous is longer. I didn’t check, but I would guess the Rendezvous is a bit higher proof. I would recommend both.

Comment

For all you Houston folks, Total Wine off of Holcombe in the Med Center, has High West Campfire in stock.

Edit...They also have Parkers Heritage 11 yo single barrel bourbon. 122 proof

Comment

Poison Girl picks have been solid. Snagged this guy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Winn-Dixie in NoLa has Eagle Rare stacked up at a couple different stores I went to. $31.99

Also if you’re ever down here Deanie’s seafood has $11 Blanton’s and the guy last night was pouring doubles!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Poison Girl picks have been solid. Snagged this guy today.

I’ve heard good things about that shop. I’ve never seen a store pick EC!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              I’ve heard good things about that shop. I’ve never seen a store pick EC!
              I’m confused about this Poison Girl thing. When I google it, it shows its a bar. Is it a separate liquor store as well or what?

Comment

Went to my favorite Italian Restaurant in Delray Beach Florida, Tramonte.

Tried a Hudson Baby whiskey

They don’t carry Crown Reserve and I’m getting tired of the after taste from it.

This Hudson was smoothe !

Then a [emoji817] proof Whistle Pig after dinner toddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  I’m confused about this Poison Girl thing. When I google it, it shows its a bar. Is it a separate liquor store as well or what?
                  It’s a bar but some of the owner does picks that are sold in some local stores

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1313 View Post
                    Rebecca Creek is probably one of the best whiskeys that I have had. It is just smooth and made in the Great State of Texas. Try it and you want regret.
                    Is it a blend?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                      Is it a blend?
                      A. Yes it's a blend 32% neutral grain spirits, says on the bottle.

B. It's not really "Made in Texas". They take whiskey sourced from up north and dump vodka in it and call it "Made in Texas" whiskey. I've done the tour, they will tell you the same thing.

Comment

Happy Anniversary everyone! On this day in 1897; the Bottled In Bond Act was passed. Henry McKenna, is the oldest age stated Bottle in Bond made. #StayBonded!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by .270; 03-03-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Just picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig small batch. Haven't opened it yet. Thoughts?

Comment

Since I started drinking Bourbons my favorites have been Elmer T Lee and Jefferson reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                              Just picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig small batch. Haven't opened it yet. Thoughts?
                              EC is really good stuff. They ruffled the feathers of many bourbon purist when they eliminated the age statement from the label. I will still buy it and I have to hide it from myself in the back of the collection.

Comment

With that information, I think I'll open it!

Comment

Working...
                                X