No announcement yet.

Storing Ratchet Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wad em up in a ball throw em somewhere in the tool box or bed of the truck, cuss and untangle them when you need them again like a real man.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
      Man this ain't rocket surgery.

Buy several bottles of Crown Royal, multiples of all sizes from 200ml (pocket or boot size) to the giant 3L party size. Drink all the Crown Royal. Use empty Crown Royal bags for storing your bungee cords, ratchet straps, etc. Save the 3L bags for tow straps. You're gonna need one to get out of the ditch after drinking all that Crown.
      Lol

Comment

Like others above, I use milk crates.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
          Wad em up in a ball throw em somewhere in the tool box or bed of the truck, cuss and untangle them when you need them again like a real man.

Yeah this is the system that I keep reverting back to despite my best intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            This is my go to method as well, and if any one is watching then cuss your son/daughter/wife/laborer, etc. for doing it...

Comment

Zip ties or duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                Roll them up in individual ziplock bags
                This, the big yellow straps when rolled up fit nicely inside a gallon ziploc bag.

The ratchet themselves are just hooked onto itself and in the tool box loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  This
                  I do this and then put in sealed box. Easy to grab the whole box with all different sizes when needed.

Comment

Not really much to get tangled if you keep the strap and the ratchet part separate. I do that and throw them all in a plastic tub

Comment

Roll and zip tie or rubber band

Comment

Let your buddies borrow them and never see them again. [emoji6]

Comment

I just roll them up with the hooks inside the wraps and keep 'em in a cheap HF bag.

Comment

I roll them up and keep them in a cinch style parachute bag that’s designed to go in a bucket. The big ones hang on a a board in the shop.

Comment

I just remove the straps from the buckle and put the ends together a couple times and fold into a loose overhand knot. Much faster than rolling and they don't tangle.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                                I roll mine up and use one of those bungees with the ball on the end.
                                Same here.

Comment

Working...
                                X